[Resolved]  Idea Cellular — sudden stoppage of services as per new policy

Mobile companies have now come up with a new strategy. They force customers to charge min 35 rs per month to keep the account active for prepaid numbers. If customer fails to recharge in that stipulated period, they stop all incoming as well as outgoing.

I understand that mobile service providers are desperate to make money. What they do is their own business and i don’t question them. However for prepaid, simply blocking incoming is unethical. Earlier the same mobile companies advertised it as lifetime incoming free and offered us the same connection for which now they are barring the incoming.

You might be receiving important sms from income tax or bank or any such critical business entities and such blockage is not justified. I don’t question that they bar outgoing but barring incoming is unethical.

I have idea number so i am raising this concern under idea but it’s applicable to other mobile service providers too.
I know this complaint is in vein. Mobile service providers will not listen. Their customer centricity is just a farce.
Complaint marked as Resolved Mar 2, 2019

[Jan 29, 2019] Idea Cellular customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Idea Cellular Customer Care's response Jan 30, 2019 Dear Customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to provide us your Idea contact number for which the issue persist to assist you further.

Complaint comments  2 Comments     Updated: ShareTweet

Comments

Hi.this is sreenivas...I want to find ideastore in pileru 517214 ..getting wrong info in net..

Showing different different locations..in same pincode...

Finally got store..in kotapalli road..

But it's have been closed...

How can I know...perfect information...
Idea Cellular Customer Care's response, Jan 30, 2019
Dear Customer,

Dear sir/mam
My Mobil are lost at yesterday.
Please block my sim no. For any others mis use.
Kindly block my sim[protected]
A k Soni Ratlam
Idea Cellular Customer Care's response, Jan 30, 2019
Dear Customer,

We're sorry to hear this. We request you to provide us your alternate contact number to assist you further. Also, you can visit to the nearest Idea store to block your number.

Refer to the given below link to find your nearest Idea store location

Idea Cellular