Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation [Irctc] — tdr claim

D104, Priyamvadha CHS,Vaithara Nagar, Nahur Road,Mulund WestMumbai 400080, Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 Nitesh Momaya on Mar 30, 2019
I would like to make an complain against irctc for terminating my journey half way and also not availing refund for the same. I had booked my tickets for bandra to jamnagar for 3-tier ac on 23rd march 2019 through online mode of irctc website. The details of same are as follows:

Transaction id: [protected]
Pnr no. : [protected]
Train no. / name: 19217/sau janata exp

However the train was terminated at ahmedabad (Adi). I got the sms for termination of my train four hours before the journey began as my travel was planned so i was left with no other option but to travel till ahmedabad. Also the sms didn’t mention anything about the process for my refund.

Beside the tc and railway officer at ahmedabad both told me since my ticket was booked online i have to claim tdr online.

On coming back to mumbai i tried to claim my refund but i was told that tdr has to be filed upto seventy two hours of schedule arrival of the train at passenger’s destination and the original certificate (Gc/eft) issued by the ticket checking staff is to be sent through post to irctc. Wide my complain id 3466654 & 3480322.

Since i didn’t know this rules i am not eligible for the refund. I was on holiday trip with my family including senior citizen mother, i thought i will do the tdr claim filing once i reach back to mumbai. But now i am left with not claim. However i would like to know how the common men is suppose to know all the rules regarding tdr claim. Beside the train tc and station staff also did not have and information about the process to claim refund.

Also if the trains are terminated irctc has all the information/details of the passengers who have travelled, then there should be an auto process to credit the tdr grant at-least for the online ticket passengers.

I feel that my tdr claim should be reconsider as i was not ever of any such rules. Kindly help me in above matter at the earliest.

Thanks & regards
Nitesh momaya

[Mar 30, 2019] Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation [IRCTC] customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Nitesh Momaya, Apr 09, 2019
Not received any update on this yet.

9th Floor, Bank of Baroda Building, 16, Parliament Street, New Delhi, Delhi, India
    Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation [Irctc] - tdr claim