[Resolved] Indigo Airlines — after security check in didn't announced for flight board on time.

Indigo Mumbai, India
 Pritee Anand on Oct 25, 2018
I had a flight on 23rd oct 2018 from mumbai to ranchi via patna at 10 : 30 am. I did my security check in at 8:30 and already done the web check in. Due to airport runway closure at mumbai airport there were too rush. And i was sitting opposite to the gate. There were no announcements for boarding done by indigo person. Even there was no final call for the flight by 10:10, i just went to them but they specified due to runway closure they cannot help. It should be responsibility of indigo person to announce if a person done the security check in and haven't board the flight. They were trying to manipulate me and took my boarding pass soft copy and haven't even provided the alternative flight. Even i had tried for boarding 20 minutes according to rule but they told me it is runway closure they could not able to help me. Even if it is runway it must have been their duty to help me to reach my flight. Also, i haven't received any info of runway closure prior.

after security check in didn't announced for flight board on time.
Complaint marked as Resolved Nov 29, 2018

[Oct 25, 2018] IndiGo customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Oct 26, 2018

We are sorry for all the hassle and discomfort you faced. We wish to check this at our end. Please bear with us. We shall respond soon.

indiGo Team
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Oct 29, 2018

With reference to your post, we have investigated the matter and would like to inform you that boarding gate closes 25 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight. Our staff has no reason to deny boarding to passengers who report on-time. In fact, they try to accommodate passengers who report marginally late. As checked, you reported at 1015 hrs for a flight scheduled to depart at 1030 hrs. As per our records, flight information displays were updated and manual announcements are made before the closure of the boarding gates. Also, our team tried contacting you on the registered mobile number but couldn’t connect. Since our boarding gates were already closed, our staff was unable to accept you for the same flight. We would request for your understanding of the fact that our operations are regulated by various factors which are beyond our control like runway closure, air traffic congestion etc. Therefore, our staff was unable to accommodate you the next available flight due to runway closure that time. We sincerely hope for your cooperation and understanding in this regard.

IndiGo Team

Indigo Airlines - after security check in didn't announced for flight board on time.