[Resolved] Indigo Airlines — air ticket cancellation and refund gimmicks

Dombivli, Thane District, Maharashtra, India
 Rajagopalan on Dec 30, 2017
I have booked round trip through clear trip by indigo flight to and fro mumbai-coimbatore and back for my family of 4 vide customer id [protected] for 19th january 2018 and return on 22nd jan. 2018, although i chose the cheapest and non-stop flights, while finalizing the booking and after proceeding for payment i realized that my return flight was not non-stop, instead it was showing one stop layover flight, stop over at chennai which was more than 7 hours i. E. Scheduled departure from coimbatore at 15.45 hours landing at chennai at 16.45 hours and then scheduled take-off from chennai to mumbai at 22.35 hours, reaching mumbai in odd hours of 00, 35 hours. When i realized the inconvenience that i have to suffer with my family i tried to change the flight but instead the site prompted me for cancellation of the return ticket and the the refund amount column was showing as "not available". Finally when the cancellation was done i got zero refund thus a hard earned money of almost 13000/-. I am a retired person and single earning member in the family i had to attend an unavoidable marriage in the family and that is why i chose the flight for going and coming back as my employer wanted me to get back to work in 3-4 days. I feel it is totally unjustified that you do not get any amount back even the taxes which are added to the flight ticket which in fact is not to be deducted if the ticket is cancelled as there is no realization and materialization of the journey. It is sheer cheating of passengers by the airlines and this action is unethical and unjustified.
Complaint marked as Resolved Mar 15, 2018
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Feb 12, 2018

Apologies for the delayed response. With regards to your request, since you made your booking through a travel agent, we request you to get in touch with them. They will help you further in your concern. As the flight was not cancelled from the side of IndiGo.

IndiGo Team