[Resolved]  Indigo Airlines — overcharging of luggage

Email-id manoj. [protected]@gmail.com
Mobile [protected]
Pnr a7b8kl
Feedback complaints
Comments hello team, when i was travelling from delhi to chandigarh yesterday, your boarding pass attendant charged me money for laptop bag. I am surprised to know that for laptop bag as far as i know, there is no carrier charges separately for laptop bag. I have following complaint. I was carrying one checkin bag (Around 18kg), one hand bag (Around 8kg) and one laptop bag (3.2 kg).
1. Why does indigo charge for laptop bag separately?
2. Weight of laptop bag was 3.2 and your attendant rounded off to 4 kg to charge extra. 3. I calculated later, even they charge extra they should have charged me for 3kg checkin bag, 1 kg hand bag and 3 kg laptop bag (That should n't charge at all). Total 7kg they should charge maximum. But they charged for 9kg by rounding off to higher level for each bag.
Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 12, 2018

[Mar 12, 2018] IndiGo customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
IndiGo Customer Care's response Mar 12, 2018
Hi Manoj,

Greetings from IndiGo!

We would like to inform you that baggage allowance under reservation A7B8KL was 7 kg cabin baggage which includes laptop bag and 14kg check-in baggage. As checked, you have been reported with a total of 9 kg extra baggage at the airport, Therefore, our staff requested you to pay additional charges for excess baggage i.e. INR 300/kg which we understand were accepted by you. We are hopeful that you will understand the need for our policies and see this matter in the right spirit.

We look forward to serving you on board soon.

IndiGo Team
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: ShareTweet

Comments

what about rounding off all weight to higher end? How come 3.2 kg your staff consider 4kg just to overcharge customer.I had to accept their charges as they were saying pay immediately as we are going to close boarding shortly.They charged me atleast 2kg extra by rounding off thats really bad.

IndiGo Phone