[Resolved] Kaya Skin Clinic — request for refund of rs 37, 250

Shruti Bakshi on Jan 13, 2018
I have had the most terrible experience with kaya skin clinic at the mega mall outlet in gurugram.

I had gone to this clinic on 5 january 2018 to enquire about the laser hair reduction service and there they told me there is an offer ending that very day so i should sign-up immediately (I realised later that this was just a cheap marketing tactic because when a customer is clearly saying they want to think about it, these women were coercing me which in itself is a highly unethical way of doing this kind of business which involves complex medical treatments that the client should have the chance to think about sufficiently).

In any case, i paid an advance that day (5 jan 2018) of rs. 37, 250 (Over 2 bills of 36, 960 + 290; see attached) as i was told that i could just block the offer now and finalise it later. Nothing at all was mentioned about "no refund" of my advance payment. (Separately, i was also not informed about the fact that the package has a life of only 18 months - i read this later on the receipt. This crucial information was not even given to me while i was making the payment. Again a professional failure by kaya)

I decided the next day (6 jan) to cancel this package because i was advised to avoid this laser treatment since i am undergoing ayurvedic therapies. So the very next day i went back to kaya and asked for a refund. They told me they can't do anything now but they would call me on monday (8 jan) to process the refund, telling me not to worry and that i would get my refund.

They never called on 8 jan like they promised and so i called them back the day after, on 9 jan. Then they told me actually they haven't processed my request yet because i would first have to meet with the doctor to get her approval. This was the first time they mentioned this since my refund request on 6 jan. I asked them how can the doctor be involved at this stage as i did not take even a single session yet. Still they insisted to meet the doctor.

So i went again to the clinic and met with the doctor the next day (10 jan) who told me actually there is nothing for her to say about this since i didn't take any session at all! That's exactly what i had told them on the phone so basically this whole visit was a waste of time. They took the opportunity to market their other services, pushing me to use the money to avail of some other treatments, which i did not want. They then told me to email customer care for my refund which i did (They could have told me this on the phone instead of calling me all the way to the clinic again).

I got a reply from customer care the next day (11 jan) saying they cannot refund my money. So i went back to the clinic to find out what was happening and they say give us another day to sort it out and they will call me the next day (12 jan). Again, of course, they didn't call and so the day after (Today, 13 jan) i called them and they tell me the refund will not be possible.

I am absolutely furious at the harassment and the complete lack of professional and ethical behaviour by kaya. I have not taken a single session of treatment and not a single product from them and neither did i finalise the laser package but they are refusing to return my advance money of rs. 37, 250. This is simply daylight robbery! How can you block someone's money when they haven't taken any product or service from you and nor do they want to??

I cannot even say i want a refund because technically a 'refund' is 'against products or services' but here there have been no products or services given. Only an advance has been paid. They have incurred no inconvenience or arrangement/preparation expenses at all as i cancelled even before taking a single session. So on what grounds are they holding onto my money? They have simply taken my money and not returning it. This is a pure con job.

Reading about the sheer number of complaints against kaya on the internet and seeing how many people have suffered because of their unethical practices, i think a broader campaign against kaya should be launched and their operating license taken away if they do not correct the way they conduct business.

I wish to communicate to kaya that if my money is not returned immediately, i will be forced to take legal action and sue for:
- forcibly taking and keeping my money against my will and without any products or services delivered
- unethical business practices
- emotional harassment

I trust you understand my position,
Shruti bakshi

Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 7, 2018
Money has been refunded after email exchanges with Kaya.

[Jan 14, 2018] Kaya Skin Clinic customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Kaya Skin Clinic Customer Care's response, Jan 15, 2018
Dear Customer,
We read through your post. We regret any inconvenience caused to you. In order to address the matter, we would request you to share your contact number with us. You can write to us with details on care@kayaindia.net. We will look forward to your revert and assure you of our support in addressing the matter.
Warm Regards,
Kaya Skin Clinic Team

Comments

Have emailed you once again with the details. I want immediate action taken on this - no more mental harassment!
Hi even mine was the same problem .Yesterday i went to kaya clinic (4th Jan) and doctor has suggested me to go for inta skin brilliance and i have payed amount of 10600 rs. Actual cost of that treatment of 16000.But i asked them that can i pay half and later half.. they asked me to pay 10600. and I did. Later i came across few people saying the dermatologist who is going to treat my skin is the same one who spoiled other faces and right now i can see many feedbacks about kaya.. i am 24 yrs and my skin has not much problem . just a pigmentation problem i have now.. I would like a refund of my money 10600! on my bank account.. Kindly consider my case .As am a young i dont feel like spoiling my face. And i didnt have any session yet ..So kindly return back my money. pLEASE .

lissyjohns@icloud.com
Shruti Bakshi's [Complaint's author] reply, Feb 7, 2018
I got my refund and you should too. Email them and demand your rights. If they don't agree, you can take them to Consumer Court.
After going through the numerous complaints regarding pushing for sale through tactics like "this offer is going to end today", misinformation (validity period not informed), suo moto change in service conditions like addition of validity clause after purchase of service without my consent and denial of refund of an unused package even the next day of purchase among others, It seems that this has become a standard practice with kaya.

It is really unfortunate to see how low this brand has dived ever since my (continued) association with kaya for over 12 years. My complain in this regard can be seen at

I think it is high time that we get together and take legal recourse to address our grievances against such unethical practices.

1800 209 5292
    23/C, Mahal Industrial Estate, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400093
    Kaya Skin Clinic - request for refund of rs 37, 250