[Resolved] Kaya Skin Clinic — unfair termination of services

SaraSingha on Dec 28, 2017
I have been requesting kaya to provide me with my proof of payment/invoice for more than a month now, all i get as a response is another email id... Or another phone number. I had signed up for a "lifetime unlimited" laser hair removal contract in 2005 which at the time was explained to me that i can avail laser hair removal at kaya until i died. However, for the last couple of months kaya has been telling its lifetime customers that their database doesn't have any information regarding the lifetime members and will not serve them post 31st december 2017. The only way around this is for us to sign a document which states that we are agreeing to terminate our services from september/october 2019.
In a way kaya is telling its lifetime members that - since we don't have any record of you, we have to terminate your services and if you sign a document stating you agree to end your service in 2019 we will do you a favor and extend it until then.
I have tried numerous times to speak to the staff in the clinic i visit, they say they don't have any records and the head office has the records and we should email them. I emailed as instructed and was redirected to go back to the clinic and the loop carried on.
I am attaching the emails as well.

Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 2, 2018

[Dec 28, 2017] Kaya Skin Clinic customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Kaya Skin Clinic Customer Care's response, Dec 28, 2017
Dear Sara Singha,
We read through your post. We regret any inconvenience caused to you. As you have been informed, We have discontinued lifetime services for all of our clients after having run the scheme successfully for 14 years. A public notice was shared in newspapers across India to this effect on 6th of October 2017.
However, keeping the client's interest in mind we have given all lifetime scheme clients an extension until 31st Dec 2017 and a further 2-year extension till Sept 2019 on the signing of the loyalty form.
Updated by SaraSingha, Dec 30, 2017
I received a call from Kaya yesterday (29th December 2017) and i was informed that the bill would be forwarded to my email id then and there, however, once again Kaya failed to keep its word. Have not received anything from them.
Kaya Skin Clinic Customer Care's response, Jan 02, 2018
Ms. Singha, we thank you for connecting with us. We wish to reiterate here that at Kaya we have discontinued our Lifetime Laser Hair Reduction Scheme, after a successful completion of 14 years. A public notice was also issued to communicate the same to our clients on the 6th of October across newspapers in India. While we regret to note your feedback, as mentioned by our colleague Jennifer, we are we are happy to extend the validity of your package to September 2019 as gesture of goodwill. The validity extension can be availed by filling the loyalty form at a Kaya Clinic nearest to you. Ms. Singha your patronage is valued to us, and we look forward to a long standing association with you. Thank you.
Updated by SaraSingha, Jan 03, 2018
What part of the sentence are you not understanding. I want an invoice/bill of the payment that was made to Kaya.
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

I am still confused as to how Kaya can "decide" on when a "lifetime" service will expire, especially when at the time of payment we were informed that "lifetime" means for the lifetime of the client.
Please clarify. And once again, you seemed to have ignored my request for a proof of payment.

1800 209 5292
    23/C, Mahal Industrial Estate, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400093
    Kaya Skin Clinic - unfair termination of services