KTM Sportmotorcycle — multiple issues with my ktm rc 390 motorbike
RaRavi DK on Jan 9, 2018
I’m finally writing you after lots of frustration. This is in regards to multiple issues my motorbike.
Please find few details as below:
Make: ktm rc 390
Reg. No: ka 03 hz 8173
Date of purchase: 5th june 2015
Purchased at: 657, 100 feet road, 1st cross road, hal 2nd stage, near kfc junction, indiranagar, kodihalli, bengaluru, karnataka 560038
As you see it’s been just 2.5 years and i have been into lots of issues. It’s not a single day of joy in riding my motorbike. Let me list out the re-occurring issues down below.
1. Engine overheating: reported multiple times, not fixed yet, it keep re-occurring every a month or two.
2. Cooling fan: fan won’t start at all, multiple service, repair, replacement done.
3. Cold start: don’t start the motorbike for 4-5 days, it won’t start at all, i have been reporting this issue more then 20-25 times till now, not fixed yet. No idea, when it would come back.
4. Noise at the front break: it’s never fixed, i have been reporting since the very first servicing.
5. Real bad service by service centers: service centers never complete the requested service on time. Even after explaining all the issues, while dropping the bike, they never fix all the issues at one go. I have to visit multiple times to service centers to fix my issues. I have been back and forth between lots of service centers:
A. Indira nagar
B. Kasturba road
D. Yelahanka (Recent one)
Everyone seems to be blaming each other about service. When i purchased the bike from indiranagar, i used to go to indiranagar service center, due to multiple issues with the bike, they suggested to go to kasturba road service center (They also started this service center has better engineers).
6. Other mechanical issues:
A. Clutch bel for broken while city riding, tool more than a month to fix
B. Recently the gear box is broken. It’s been a month and they fixed it now. The cost is 14000/- inr.
I have been reporting all these issues to service center and asked them to report it to ktm, looks like this specific bike has manifacturing defect, however noone reported or helped me till now. The recent issue with the gear box, i was going to nandi hills early in the morning, while taking a turn to hill road, i tried to shift the gear from 5th to 4th and it did not. I stopped the bike and tried again, it could not go to neutral gear. Called the orange assist (Road assistance), they said it’s an machanical issue and have to toe the vehicle. It’s over a month now and it’s fixed. Ktm yelahanka started, it’s due to first gear broke for some reason, damaged others as well. I would like to tell you, i was not raicing/dragging the moterbike. It was a normal ride since it was inside the city limit with my wife.
1. How come ktm make use of that cheap quality gears/parts which does not sustain for even 2.5 years???
2. I had lots of trust in brand ktm and it failed all the time. Is it the time to let my fellow bikers know that they should not trust ktm?
3. Ktm as a brand, inever felt the provided service to me, did you hire wrong fokes?
4. It’s not the fist bike for me, after i bought mine, i remoconded 5 of my other colleagues and they bought it as well. (2 rc 390, 3 duke 390).
5. I lost the complete trust in my moterbike, it can stop anytime, anywhere. I can’t go out with it, you never know, when you stop it, would it start again. It happened for me, multiple times. I had been to kerala, tamilnad trip and it did stopped middle of the road/trip.
6. Check my motorbikes service history, you would find, during these 2.5 years, the bike was at service center for about an year. Let me be specific, do you buy the bike to ride or to showcase at service center?
7. I feel like puring petrol on this machine and burn it, that’s easy, isn’t it? Once it’s gone, i don’t need to go back and forth to service centers, spending my hard earn money and time.
I’m sure after reading this email, you must be frustrated, however this is just 10 % of the problems i faced, there are lot more. I expect ktm to take responcibility of all these, since it’s a faulty moterbike. I woule like to hear back from you asap. Please call me at +[protected] anytime.
I have been guided by ktm showroom that this is the right email address to report, if it’s not, please appropriate parties to address it asap.
Fyi: my motorbike is at service center now, service is completed. Cost: 14000 /- inr and i’m not read to pay. Need to talk to someone asap. Please do not make me wait for a long time to hear back from you.
[Jan 09, 2018] KTM Sportmotorcycle customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
|Add a Comment||Share0Tweet0Share0|
Post your Comment
+43 774 260 000
Betriebsgebiet Süd, Stallhofnerstraße 3, A-5230, Mattighofen, Austria