[Resolved] Lg Electronics — 42le5500 42 led tv
KuKunalrd on Oct 6, 2018
I have this model purchased in 2012. Display stopped working. It seems that led screen is perfectly fine, the motherboard controlling display (Hdmi etc) had gone bad.
(1) i raised complain on phone some time in june 2018. Lg service people came and said mother board is not available and charged 295 rs as visiting charges.
(2) not being able to digest that 6 year old tv spares are not with lg, i raised another complain using email method on june 21st, 2018.
(3) some people came, repaired the tv, charged 10000 rs. Receipt attached.
(4) it went bad again in 2.5 months. Now those repair people are not picking up phone. The part warranty was for 3 months as per them, which was 28 sept 2018
(5) contacting lg again, they say these people are unauthorised service people!
(6) again i raised email complain but lg is not responding.
(7) i will have to go ahead and somehow get the tv working because i can't just sit doing nothing - lg is not responding.
Now there are multiple problems:
(1) what kind of service level lg is maintaining? Why parts are not available in 6 years itself? This tv was bought for about 80000 rs at that time, which was not small money.
(2) as per step (2) above, the people who came second time, were unauthorised as per lg. How was my email to lg leaked to unauthorised people? This is biggest problem.
(3) for email complaints there is no case number raised by lg. There is no follow up possible. How pathetic this is!
What do i expect:
(1) at this point of time, i expect lg to somehow make my tv working again and respect the fact that i had paid 10000 rs for the same problem.
(2) if lg can't make the tv working again, i expect to be compensated for the expense i will have to bear in such a short while.
(3) i may buy another tv (No lg for sure) and will have to continue to fight this battle because lg has completely messed up this case my leaking my email to unauthorised people.
And for more information, there is big racket with lg service:
(1) their authorised service people have no clue of how to repair. They just come, give no solution, collect visiting charges (300 rs) and go away. It is good business for them just to collect money. This has happen to me with lg ac.
(2) unethical connection with unauthorised people. You will never come to know till the same problem surfaces again.
Complaint marked as Resolved Nov 12, 2018
[Oct 07, 2018] LG Electronics customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Verified SupportLG Electronics Customer Care's response, Oct 12, 2018
Dear Customer (Kunalrd),
We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your contact details with us and we will get in touch with you soon to address your concern.
LG Customer Support Team
|2 Comments Updated:||Share0Tweet0Share0|
[Resolved] LG / Km900 Arena - defective lg km 900 arena handset 
[Resolved] Lg Electronics - Faulty Refrigerator since Day-1 of purchase / Pathetic customer care / Incompetenet Engineers / Want my money back !! 
[Resolved] LG India - Similar defects in lg tv around the world 
[Resolved] Lg Electronics - Nexus 5x bootloop 
[Resolved] Lg Electronics - ABOUT REFUND CHEQUE BY LG 
[Resolved] Lg Electronics - Google 
[Resolved] Lg Electronics - Same problem persist after repairs