Lg Electronics — fire caused by washing machine

2/11 Bhandup Siddhivinayak Chs,Udayshree Road, Bhandup (E) Mumbai, Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 Akshay Madhavi on May 21, 2019
We purchased lg washing machine in march 2019. It was top load automatic machine and we used to use it often. On 18th may late night by 11:00 pm we were using machine and suddenly the machine caught fire. The fire was so intense that there lot of black smoke. Our eyes were literally burning and whole house was engulfed in black smoke. Soon the fire started spreading in kitchen. Luckily we somehow removed the gas cylinders. My brother was hospitalized in fortis hospital for excessive smoke inhalation and burn injuries on hand and leg. We were very fortunate that no one lost their lives. Now the question is who is responsible? Lg company will say that it is fault of electrical connections and the electricians will say it is fault of machine. My point is that while designing machine all worst case scenarios should have been taken into consideration. It is clearly fault with machine design. The machine started burning from inside, it is evident bythe plug of the machine which is not burned. Please find google photos link of all the photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8K7THENmW3CNb5Aj6
In the photos you can check the amount of damage caused by fire. You are also welcome to investigate and check the damage caused by fire. We have kept the burned machine as it is. We estimate it to be more than rs 50, 000 apart from the machine cost of rs 16000. We want reimbursement of the same.

fire caused by washing machine

[May 21, 2019] LG Electronics customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
LG Electronics Customer Care's response, May 23, 2019
Dear Customer (Akshay Madhavi),

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your contact details with us and we will get in touch with you soon to address your concern.

LG Customer Support Team
Updated by Akshay Madhavi, May 24, 2019
Your executive Neelkanth visited our place with his team and inspected the burned machine and the damage caused by the fire to our house. He told me he will replace the machine but will not reimburse the damage cost. I asked him why cant LG reimburse damage cost for which he said, as per their investigation the fire is caused externally due to some external source of fire. I asked him to share the report with me for which he says it is internal report and he cant share it. Well it is not some military report that you cant share. Secondly, we kept machine in Kitchen and there was no external source of fire.We had kept Gas off too and if there was some external source I asked them to prove it for which your executive says it is your personal matter. Secondly, your executive also said the fire spread from outside machine to inside which is completely wrong. The fire started from inside machine, it melted the top lid and it spread up. LG is just running away from this incidence however, I will raise this issue to higher levels. I need replacement of machine and also reimbursement. I will not buy LG products henceforth.
Akshay Madhavi

P NO - 51,Surajpur Kasna RD, Udyog Vihar, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India - 110001
    Lg Electronics - fire caused by washing machine