Lodha Group — refund of booking cancellation amount

Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 JagannathanK on Jan 5, 2019
I had booked a flat in lodha splendora platino b with the initial amount of inr 3.06 lacs on 22nd dec 18 and had swiped my card. The digital application with the details filled in came on the next working day where i observed some of the promises including the documentation of the allotment letter for garden space were not mentioned, further a series of items promised during the visits on the readiness of the flat were listed up for confirmation and to be included in the application.

I have not confimed on the booking unless the queries and answers are provided. To our surprise there was no response from lodha for 4-5 days and when we reached out the representative were not answering. Then we were told that the backoffice will respond. The initiation of the back office onboarding process and customer portal enablement were done only on 2nd of jan which is 10 days after the initial booking. By then my customer experience was bad with no trust on the responses and details shared without any thing in writing.

The car park in first was also requested and said to be covered but when the back office of lodha send the printed application form from the system it was plain 1 car park without covered mentioned and this was also not a clarification in the email sent out to lodha.

The major issue was the garden space which comes along with the flat platino b petite is not part of the rera carpet for registration and lodha sales office verbally said that they will issue a letter in plain paper stating that they will rent it for 1 re to the buyer which will allow them full private usage. However this does not convince me as the ownership or privilige allotment cannot be claimed upon resale or when the society is formed which was a big question.

Given the level of confusion and the risk on the elements of promise we decided to cancel the booking within 10 of paying the initial amount. The request for cancellation was also registered with lodha support service team.

Now the sales team is saying that they will not reimburse the booking amount 1 which is inr 3.06 lacs a huge money for any individual. Buyers write to information is avoided and delayed with so many open ends not answered by sales team.in the mean the personal decisions and dependencies from my end forced me to take a decision of cancellation.

I would need the reimbursement and need help for a resolution on this. Lodha can charge nominally on the processing efforts but it cant be the whole booking amount.

Need help and request guidance to get our money back.

I have the documented email trails of my unanswered queries and neither they explained me the risk of cancellation or the policy in detail.

[Jan 05, 2019] Lodha Group customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by JagannathanK, Jan 11, 2019
Just posting a status - We discussed on multiple round with sales team and lodha service team. Our cancellation has been accepted and a formal process has begun. We were told that the 100% refund will be made after out submission of request letter in the predefined format of Lodha. This was completed on 9th Jan19. Also i have requested lodha service team to confirm in writing that no further demand letters nor any interest therein will demanded as the cancellation is under process. I will mark the complaint closed once the payment is received as committed to be done in 15 days.

As of now the progress and interactions with the service team is good. Thanks
Updated by JagannathanK, Jan 16, 2019
Today Lodha issued a Post Dated check of 1st Feb 2019 for the amount of refund. While do not understand the rationale for a PDC, feel better that the refund has been processed. I hope to not have any challenges in realising the amount.

I will stay with the status until the cheque is realized before closing this issue.

Thanks Lodha team for get this processed as on date.

Lodha Excelus, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400011