[Resolved] Makemytrip India — best price challenge (bpg)

Yashwin Dhawan on May 17, 2019
I booked a one way international flight ticket from dublin to delhi through flipkart on 8th may 2019.
They have a best price challenge going on where you get 10x the difference amount of you get a cheaper ticket price provided you mail them the screenshots within 24 hours.
I did the same with sharing screenshots from not one but 2 websites/portal having lower prices.
But i received a mail saying that i have used a coupon/discount code so i am not eligible for the same.

Firstly, i had a telephonic conversation with one of their executive regarding the challenge. He told me that only the base fare and convenience fee total will be considered for comparison and all the other discounts and offers will be excluded and the difference amount will be refunded back to my bank/card account from which i have made the payment. I have the conversation recorded

Secondly, the tnc the have shared with me (https://www.makemytrip.com/promos/bpc-intflt[protected].html?intid=HPLP_hero_IF... pertains to multi city international flight and i did one way ticket and the date of the tnc mentioned is of the year 2017 (As can be seen in the link)

Third, i have not applied any coupon/discount code on my ticket. There was an instant discount offer by flipkart not mmt and it was automatically applied on online payment and i had no option of withdrawing the offer as i had to pay through online mode.

And the tnc mentioned on the flipkart app itself states these discount would be considered while comparing the difference amount

Hoping for a quick and positive solution.

Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 22, 2019

[May 19, 2019] MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
MakeMyTrip India Customer Care's response, May 22, 2019
Dear Yashwin,
Regret the inconvenience
We're so sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as expected. We never want you to feel like you're stuck with a bad experience. Please share the booking ID so that we can assist you further.
Team- MakeMyTrip Care

Tower A, SP Infocity 243, Udyog Vihar, Phase 1, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122016
    Makemytrip India - best price challenge (bpg)