[Resolved] Makemytrip India — fake hotel!!! 2 star hotel provided and informed as 4 star hotel at the time of booking.

Kayamkulam, Alappuzha District, Kerala, India
 [email protected] on Oct 23, 2018
Dear all,

I am a makemytrip customer for last 4 years and have done several bookings till now. I need the refund or claim for the hotel booking which i have done in bali, indonesia last month.
It was informed that the hotel is a 4 star hotel at the time of booking but when i reached there to check in i found that it is a 2 star hotel.
My booking id is: nl[protected]

I have escalated this issue with the makemytrip executive on the same day (14 sep 2018). I have communicated through email and phone but i didnt get any proper response from your team. They were saying that it is a 4 star hotel. From the pictures i send, do you think it is a 4 star hotel???

I have moved to another hotel only because of the poor response from the make my trip. Also as i was with my family, it was not at all acceptable for me to stay in that hotel for that night.

Ayushi gupta from your team informed us at the time of booking that it is a 4 star hotel. Please see below the chat my brother has done at the time of booking.

“”” fri, 14 sep'18 - tue, 18 sep'18
Vishnu s: yes
Ayushi gupta: - private tour of barong kintamani in bali with indonesian lunch, with guide
- private tour of tanah lot at sunset, with guide
- watersport activities on shared transfers
- private tour of denpasar city in bali with guide
- private transfers: one way transfer from airport to hotel in sanur, kuta, jimbaran, nusa dua or seminyak with guide
- private transfers: one way transfer from hotel in sanur, kuta, jimbaran, nusa dua or seminyak to airport, with guide
- visa on arrival.
Ayushi gupta: kuta central park hotel bali
Jl. Patih jelantik, kuta 80361 bali, indonesia, kuta,
1 room (S) standard room + 0 extra bed (S)
Check in - fri, 14 sep'18
Check out - tue, 18 sep'18
Vishnu s: ok
Ayushi gupta: total amount (Inclusive of all taxes)
105, 748 for 2 traveller (S)”””””

From the above chat, hope you understand that this is a clear case of cheating of the customer by providing wrong information at the time of hotel booking.

You have provided wrong information and service and response provided by the make my trip team on the same day (14 sep 2018) was very bad.

Please look into this very seriously and do the neccessary actions for the refund. If the hotel booking is not refundable, you have to provide me some vouchers or something which i can use for another booking.

Please look in to this seriously and take necessary action, otherwise i will bring this in to the public or social attention as this is clear case of cheating.
Complaint marked as Resolved Nov 23, 2018

[Oct 23, 2018] MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
MakeMyTrip India Customer Care's response, Oct 23, 2018
Hi Nirmal Sasindran,

Greetings from MakeMyTrip!!

We are sorry to read about the issue. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. In reference to your concern, please be advised that we are getting the case facts checked and will connect with an update shortly.

Assuring you best of our services.
Team-MakeMyTrip Care
Updated by [email protected], Oct 25, 2018
Any update on the above registered complaint? You can reach me on my mobile number on Friday 26 October 2018 at 11:00 Am.

Nirmal

Comments

Thank You for the response. Looking forward to hear from you..

Tower A, SP Infocity 243, Udyog Vihar, Phase 1, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122016
    Makemytrip India - fake hotel!!! 2 star hotel provided and informed as 4 star hotel at the time of booking.