[Resolved] Medi Assist India — Error in Cash Less claim processing
Im a corporate policy holder and works with Credit Suisse India Pvt Ltd.
Emp id - 6574513
- 19thJune ’21 - I was hospitalized at Dr. LH Hiranandani Hospital, Powai for my Knee Ligament & Meniscal repair surgery.
- Pre authorized claim for amount 2Lakh was approved by Medi assist before admission.( refer attached )
- 21st June ’21 my discharge Summary was submitted to Medi assist with Gross amount of INR 578688 and net Bill INR 461041 after deducting hospital discount of INR 117647.
- Medi assist erroneously processed my claim on gross amount with incorrect hospital discounts ( refer attached document )
- As there is no mention of dedicated contact number anywhere specific to CS employees not even on signatures, after multiple rounds of calls I got the Contact of dedicated help line –[protected]
- I had to call them at least 15 times to brief them about as call was getting disconnected due to technical issue at their end
- After multiple round of calls I was told your case has been escalated and you shall get the response within 1 hour.
- No response was received and I struggled for 8 hours in pain and stress after surgery.
- At last I paid sum of INR 35142 post negotiation with the Doctor who treated me and later discharged on 21st June ’21 night @ 10pm after a long battle . The actual amount hospital was asking to pay INR 60, 000.
- Hospital Accounts department has already mentioned they will not entertain any refund queries once you get discharged and said to follow-up with Medi assist for reimbursement of amount I paid ( 35142 ).
- 22nd June ’21 I received a revised letter from Medi assist with correct bill amount and discounts.
- I have been following up with Medi assist since last 21st June and I’m yet to get a resolution.
- Medi assist has agreed it was an error from their end in claim processing and keep asking for more time on resolution.
Was this information helpful?
Oct 21, 2021Complaint marked as Resolved
Claim is processed, Thank you
Medi Assist India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.