National Insurance Company — policy no.[protected] excess premium charged on policy no.[protected]

I am joint medical policy holder (Mediclaim policy of national insurance company no :[protected] with my wife for the last eighteen years. My policy was due for renewal on 27th march 2019 & so i issued a cheque of ₹55497/-on 19th of march 2019 & handed over to agent & cheque was presented to my bank on 27th of march 2019 & reportedly returned without any reason as intimated by the company. On the advise of my agent i purchased a pay order of the bank for ₹55647/- including cheque returning charges if ₹150/- & deposited with the company on 27th march itself. Company initially cancelled my policy but later on renewed when my agent deposited ₹2922/-additional which i paid to him as he has deposited the amount in order to keep the policy enforceable.
Later on agent came to me & told that there is no reason specified for return of the cheque to which i was surprised. I checked it with my bank & found that the cheque was properly in order & there was sufficient balance in the account to meet the demand of the cheque. It seems there has been some mistake between the collecting bank & paying bank.
My request for refund of ₹3072/ (₹150/ cheque return charges + ₹2922/ excess premium charges) is based on below mentioned considerations:
1. I am oldest customer of the company.
2. My cheque was properly drawn & sufficient balance was maintained in the account to meet the demand of cheque.
3. The cheque was given well in advance.
4. The policy stands renewed.
I trust that my request shall be looked into at the earliest as i am also a senior citizen.
Sincerely yours,
Shamsher singh nathyal
Mobile no. [protected]
Email. Ss. [protected]@gmail.com

[May 01, 2019] National Insurance Company customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  2 Comments     Updated: ShareTweet

Comments

I have deposited rs.1040/- against renewal of policy.
You have asked to submit some documents but did not tell in which form and where?
The policy document is not generated.

Hansraj meena
Mob. [protected]
Sir I have submitted my vehicle for claim but still survey is pending it's about 1 week no survey is done..till so I request u to look into the matter and resolve it as soon as possible
Vehicle no dl9cak7253
claim no.[protected]

National Insurance Company
    National Insurance Company Phone
    National Insurance Company Address
    3, Middleton Street, Prafulla Chandra Sen Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal, India - 700071