Nikon India — 70-200 f/4g ed vr stolen

Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
 ShashankKaul on Oct 11, 2019
I submitted my lens for vr replacement on 27th september 2019 at rsquare noida sector 16 which is an authorised service center in noida for nikon.
The next monday i called them up and asked if my lens was ready, i was told that there is no update about the lens as of yet and you should call in 3 to 4 days.
I called them after 4 days and was then informed that there has been a robbery in the service center on the 2nd or the 3rd of oct, don't remember the exact date but it wasnt the 4th which means, when i first called them, the robbery had taken place, my equipment was gone, they knew it and they did not inform me.

To my surprise, i was informed that in such a case, the company is not liable to pay anything to the customer but the service centre owner said he will provide a lens of the same specs.
There are a couple of things here, my lens did not have a working vr.
Why should i take a lens which i don't know anything about the way it has been used and how bad the internals are. Regardless thats one option i'm not taking.

He said i have informed the company 'nikon' and have not had a revert from them as of yet in regards to what shall be done in this situation and he asked me to call in a couple of days. I agreed.

I called the owner today and to my surprise he asked me to call the nikon customer care. At this point i knew they will volleyball me, and since i didnt have a choice, i called the customer care and this time i was not surprised at all. They told me to call the owner of the service centre.

Thats when i was furious.
The whole problem happened because of lack of security at the nikon service center - rsquare, there is no doubt that they both, nikon as well as the owner of the service centre are liable to refund the current value of the lens without delay or if its a replacement lens, there should be a proper warranty to it.

There are some other facts here which i havn't mentioned for eg. I asked for a copy of the fir from the owner but i still have not received that which makes me wonder, should i get my lawyers involved?

[Oct 12, 2019] Nikon India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Nikon India Customer Care's response, Oct 14, 2019
Dear Team,

We are already in touch with complainant regarding his concern.

Thanks.
NIND SUPPORT
Updated by ShashankKaul, Nov 04, 2019
Nikon has replaced my lens with a new lens from their service lot.

Comments

Please change my camera body any cinematic mode have been not seen in the camera menu.

Avinandan Mehatary's reply, Oct 21, 2019
1st photographis my camera
2nd photograph is my friends camera

+91 12 4468 8500 (Tech. Support North)
    +91 22 4092 5555 (Tech. Support West)
    +91 33 4021 8500 (Tech. Support East)
    Plot No.71, Sector 32, Institutional Area, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122001