Oceanfoundations.org — asking for money for charity

Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar District, Uttar Pradesh, India
 mandarmm on Aug 20, 2018
A call from mobile no:[protected]
NGO name told as ocean foundations. website : http://www.oceanfoundations.org
asking for donation as below . The registration no of NGO looks fake.
The message from above no as below:
Dear,
Thanks for showing ur concern about 1yr old poor child Arsh(cancer patients)patient treated in aiims. Please visit www.oceanfoundations.org
where u will get Regst no. 353 and pan card no.. To see the case details kindly visit current running cases which u will get case of Arsh(1Yr) where u can find all the authentic and legit info about his treatment.While making ur contribution to make a small difference in ths big world, you will get donation form in which mention ur complete name(for ackwnldgmnts) Volunteer-mr.azad
Donating for-Arsh
Left amount-46, 000
Do the best in left amount sir plz request
KEEP SMILING
God Bless U..

Address : Address: D-127, 3rd Floor
Sector-10, Noida
Gautam Budh Nagar(201301)

Comments

I received a similar call urgently asking me to donate for Arsh through the site oceansfoundations.org, almost definitely a fake as they are still collecting funds 6 months from when this was originally posted (possible but highly unlikely).
The caller very aggressively tried to make me donate and said the money was needed within the next few minutes.
when I said I was not convinced of the legitimacy based on all the reviews online, he sent me about 30 WhatsApp messages and I had to block him. He started sending SMS messages after that.
mandarmm's [Complaint's author] reply, Dec 10, 2018
I searched on web to file complaints but I didn't find any, so today after ur post I have registered complaint at https://pgportal.gov.in/Desk
Also I added feedback at http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/registered_organization.php

Oceanfoundations.org - asking for money for charity

Company:Oceanfoundations.org