[Resolved] OLX India — arun verma (macbook seller) fraud - +917503487056

Akhil Dabral on Dec 23, 2017
Olx ad id: [protected]

I have seen a seller selling brand new macbook pro on olx for rs.40, 000/-.
Upon asked he told his name arun verma and works at airport custom amritsar, punjab.
I was asked to transfer rs.20, 000 to ship the product and other rs.20, 000 after receiving the delivery.
To which i said ill transfer rs.10, 000 now and rs.30, 000 after delivery to which he agreed. And i transfers the money.

After the transaction he refused to send the product and asked for rs.10, 000 more, which i refused.

He then asked for my account details to return the money.
After waiting so long i was told the money wont be transfered to the account but a cheque will be send in 25-30 days. After few more arguments he refused to refund the money and is unreachable since then.

Upon reading i found one more complaint towards the same guy here is the link to that complaint.

Complaint marked as Resolved Jan 27, 2018
OLX India Customer Care's response, Dec 27, 2017
Dear Akhil,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

We completely understand your situation and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We wish to inform you that without any delay, we have blocked the seller's account as well as his number so that he cannot dupe any more buyer.

We assure you that our top priority is to maintain a safe and secure OLX community and remove users who do not comply with our Terms of Use.

Also, it is submitted for your information that OLX only provides a platform to seller and buyer. OLX does not participate or interfere in negotiations during transactions. We suggest that you always analyze the ad you are interested in.

We suggest you take the help of legal authorities. Kindly file an FIR against the seller and OLX will provide all the information related to the seller to the legal authorities.

Addressing your concern is our priority and we will always give you the best possible service.

Thank you for contacting OLX!

Team OLX
Complaint comments  2 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

This ad is actually showing my car with reg no KL 11 BC 5875. They had duplicated my ad and asking people to deposit money in their account or to pay directly in Delhi. People are calling me and asking the details. Don't know how people got my land phone number.Plz try to take necessary action.

This guy has put up another AD (Featured) in OLX with username Aru (link below)

He has identified himself as Arun Sharma to me and has provided his Syndicate Bank detail (Jalandhar Branch). When I insisted him to share a pic of his govt. identity card, he has refused claiming he can't do so as he is working in Central Govt. (LOL, ROFL).

I didn't transact, but by conversation he appeared to be a fraud...advise people to be aware of it and should refrain to do any financial transaction with him.

A-8/21, First Floorvasant Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110057