Oriental Insurance Company — fraud in mobile theft insurance

Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 ashis45 on Oct 2, 2017
I had purchased an insurance policy for my samsung j2 phone, it got stolen, i made police complaint, police tried to search it, and later gave me no trace report.
Alongwith all other requisite documents, i submitted insurance claim with w&ia services.
They kept asking for documents, initially w&ia guys doesn't pick up the phone for guiding towards submission of claim, their mobile app doesn't accept the claim and keep showing error, they need no trace reports, but format is not easily available, police department takes time in complete verification, before they issues no trace report. Above are few reasons for delay in submission of claims.

Later w&ias tean confirmed they are ok with claim and it is pending with insurance company.
I followed up for payment, i have around 34 emial communication with w&ia, in larer communications, they kept giving me assurance that it a good claim and will be settled by insurance company. Exact wordings were "please wait the insurance company should soon settle your claim as per the merit of your claim."

One fine day, they stopped taking calls and saya my claim is rejected by insurance company, due to delay in submission.
This was the only letter, which says that my claim was submitted late, there was no other such communication in this regards.
I am sure these companies for theft insurance are looking for any excuse and rejecting the claims, i had purchased policy from reliance retail limited, but there is no support in this entire process.
These kind of loots should be banned or action should be taken against responsible persons and companies.
I have gone through lot of mental harassment by this entire process.

[Oct 02, 2017] Oriental Insurance Company customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0