OYO Rooms — deduction in refund and selling an substandard property

[email protected] on Mar 21, 2019
Concern against Booking ID: LUPJ4651. Not resolved upto satisfaction through the escalation, hence looking support through social media channel. Booked an Hotel through OYO app, against above mentioned id and made the 100% pre payment as well, which was the biggest mistake and this experience have derived me to a thought, not to make prepayments ever. First the property was not easily traceable, it was not having any logos or brandings of its own or OYO. While i stepped in the property, i realised that it was nothing less than a fraud. It was a complete sub standard property, which was overrated over app. Its ambience, location was nothing at par, with my previous stays with Oyo rooms, so i decided to change the property and called up OYO helpline to change the property. The helpline staff helped me suitably to find a near by property and booked it for me, but requested to make payments again with a assurance to refund the 100% money against previous booking. After 2 days of consistent followup, i got the refund, but lesser amount of 400 rupees and while asking the escalation manager he denied to refund the pending amount stating that charges are deducted for convenience fee. What the hell was convenience? A sub standard property is sold first, which caused me harassment like any thing and then i had to bear additional charges for taxi to reach the new property. Had to pay additional and had to wait for refund of my own money. Replacement was booked by your own staff, i didn't cancelled and checked in with some competition. 100% applicable charges were obtained from me in the revised booking as well. Then why i am supposed to pay, convenience charges for such an inconvenience caused? Rather you should bear the penalty to give me so much of trouble...I expect a resolution for the same and 100% refund for the booking, where i have not stayed.

[Mar 22, 2019] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Mar 23, 2019
Dear Guest, We are extremely sorry for the disappointing experience. Our relevant team will assist you shortly.

Team OYO

325, Spaze I Park, Tower B, Sohna Road, Gurgaon, NA, India - 122002
    OYO Rooms - deduction in refund and selling an substandard property