Oyo Rooms — did not allow me to check in

mirage67 on Oct 20, 2018
Booking id: bdho7123
Hotel id : oyo 9300 hotel sufyan
Location : sector 26, behind shopping mall market, gurgaon

I booked one room in this property on 11th october for a stay from 15th october to 19th october 2018. It was a 4 night stay including breakfast. Total cost to be paid for 4 nights was rs3125/-

I reached the place at 4.30 pm on 15th october & was shown the room. It was fine and i had chosen to stay here so that i would be walking distance from the place i had to attend work for the four days.

Now after signing the register the person at the counter wanted the entire amount of rs 3125/- to be paid immediately else he would not let me check in at all.

I have travelled quite a lot and as well as booked a few oyo rooms too. But i have never been asked to pay the entire cost of the stay in advance or check-in will not be allowed. This it seems is the policy of hotel sufyan. But this is not mentioned anywhere on the oyo app or under its policies section.

I refused to pay the entire amount as advance & so in the evening am left stranded on the road with bag & baggage. The insult, harassment & disgust are mounting high in me.

When i escalated this issue to oyo all that they have done is apologize & offer me 500 oyo money. What good is this to me when more than 90 % of your properties don’t accept it? The insult harassment which i faced is cannot be compensated with 500 oyo money.

This is a hospitality industry and neither do the 3 * nor any 7* hotel asks for 100 % advance payment when you check in.

I hope #riteshagarwal you are reading it and will take heed to it. I have stayed in your oyo rooms which have cockroach crawling in the cupboards & walls with plaster peeling off. But these places are requesting us not to give negative feedback, just give them a 5* rating ….. Ironical service i must say.

[Oct 20, 2018] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Oct 22, 2018
Dear

We understand that no apology would be adequate to cover up the inconvenience caused to you. Our team addressed the concern highlighted by you with sheer diligence. Your valuable feedback has been registered with us and we'll certainly forward this to the relevant team. We tried calling you, but we were unable to reach out to you therefore, an email for the same is sent to you. We also like to inform you that we've refunded your oyo money. Do reach out to us for any assistance in future.
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

OYO Rooms why are you lying, you guys did talk to me & all you offered is apology for the issue faced. Even then i told you this does not suffice. The room was pre booked & i had confirmation for the same. No body in the hospitality industry asks for full payment of your stay at the time of check in.I was turned away because i refused to pay full amount. Dont say you were unable to reach me & document false information here. As well as dont talk about refunding 500 OYO money. its no good coz your properties dont accept it...hence again useless to me. i wont book another OYO again. I was harassed, disgusted and felt insulted with such a behavior at the hotel and now terribly anger with all your false responses. You all should stop fooling people. The OYO hotels are pathetic now... dirty cockraches & peeling plaster.

325, Spaze I Park, Tower B, Sohna Road, Gurgaon, NA, India - 122002