[Resolved] OYO Rooms — foul smelling linen and blanket, poor hygiene, small room, not providing extra bed and serving breakfast in plastic polythene

amitlathwal on Dec 28, 2018
My booking reference is BMJF1563 at OYO 15454 NG regency Munnar.
I am a first time customer and booked through OYO as I had heard a lot of good about you but it turned out to be completely opposite.
I made online booking for 3 days at above property for 3 adults on 27.12.18 morning. The rate was 7028 for 3 days and I deposited an advance of Rs 1757. We checked in the room at around 5:00pm. However the room was very bad with foul smell, the blanket and towel were stinking. The room was very small. I told the manager about that and he told that he will rectify the problem, thereafter we went out and came back at 9:30 pm but the problems remained as such. I then informed your team through mail and also called them thrice between 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Each time I was told that my problem will be solved and I will receive a solution and call within 5 minutes, however nothing happened. I then mailed the corporate office through escalation matrix at around 11:30 pm however there was no response.
I would also bring to your notice that I had booked for 3 adults however no extra bed was provided till 11:30 PM and that too only mattress and the extra blanket which was provided was stinking.
Again today morning I called the corporate office twice but each time they told that it pertained to other team and they transferred the call but each time the call got disconnected as no one picked up the phone.
I then called thrice the team leader through landine, they responded and told the same things that I will receive resolution and call back within 5 minutes, however there was no response.
I finally told them to either shift me or cancel my booking but they did neither
Then the breakfast in the morning was equally bad as hot sambar was brought in polythene and idlis in newspaper.
Thereafter I was left with no option but to vacate the room
I moved the reception and told the manager that I am vacating and will pay the balance of one day. However he told that I will have to pay the entire amount of 3days which I refused. Then he called other staff and started misbehaving and even tried to hit me and manhandled me.
Thereafter I had to call the police. They sorted out the matter by telling the hotel staff to accept the remaining payment of one day i.e Rs 580 as I had already made payment of Rs 1787 online and thereafter escorted me out of the premises. I have even video recorded the manhandling part and you will be shocked to see that, however I not sharing that with you. During this episode I again called your team however there was still no help.
To say the least your service has been found lacking in every sphere.
I was then forced to find out another room in a nearby hotel for next two days and also wasted a lot of time as instead of visiting this beautiful place I was kept engaged by your staff without any help.
You can imagine what could have happened had the police not intervened.
With regard
Dr Amit Lathwal
Additional Medical Supdt AIIMS Trauma Centre
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 5, 2019

[Dec 29, 2018] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Jan 01, 2019
Dear Guest, We are extremely sorry for the disappointing experience. We'll get this checked for you.

Team OYO
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Jan 01, 2019
We are unable to trace the same with the given details. Kindly help us by providing the registered email ID to us so that we can look into the same.

Team OYO.
Updated by amitlathwal, Jan 01, 2019
My email id is [email protected] and my phone number is [protected]
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Jan 04, 2019
Dear Guest,

We tried reaching out to you but the attempt was unsuccessful therefore we have sent you the needful over mail. We again apologize for this and assure you we'll take care of your stay in the future. Let us know for any other assistance.

Team OYO

1939
    325, Spaze I Park, Tower B, Sohna Road, Gurgaon, NA, India - 122002
    OYO Rooms - foul smelling linen and blanket, poor hygiene, small room, not providing extra bed and serving breakfast in plastic polythene