[Resolved] Oyo Rooms — refund declined

ZakiAhmad on Apr 20, 2019
I booked OYO 27829 ( LUXURY HOME ) for 4 nights from Wed, 17 April to Sun, 21 April and paid online Rs 3834.

On 17th April I reached the location provided by OYO app. There was no hotel in the particular location. The locals told me the hotel is 200 meters ahead.

I went there, the manager told me that 'there are no rooms vacant in this property so you have to shift to OYO 27830 ( LUXURY INN ) and will provide better room'. Both the property is owned by the same group. ( LUXURY GROUP )

With my luggage in my hand, I had no option. I went there. Now they told me that we don't accept online payments. And they asked me to pay offline of amount Rs. 4282. And also told that they will cancel the existing booking from there side.

After I paid the amount of Rs 4282 through my card, they checked in with false room number. (I have attached my account statement) I was given Room No. 306, but the OYO app shows 510.

Then I called OYO and told all the matter and asked for the refund for the amount which I paid online. The OYO helpline confirmed everything with my hotel manager, and filed my complaint.

I got an email from OYO "Refund of Rs 3834/- is initiated from our side and will be credited within 7-14 working days." Re: [#14636248] by ASHUTOSH _588313

Yesterday on checking my refund status I found that the refund has been declined.

I again called OYO, told them the complete matter for 24 minutes and he told me that to call the next day as the system is not working properly.

Hotel Reception No.: [protected] [ OYO 27830 ( LUXURY INN ) ]

Kindly take this matter seriously and solve this issue as soon as possible.

Attachments:
1. Statement of Rs. 4282 paid in the hotel through Card.
2. Screenshot of Calls to OYO Customer Care.
3. Screenshot of email I got from OYO, but later declined my refund.
4. Screenshot of Payment of Rs 3834 paid to OYO before reaching the hotel.

Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 22, 2019
I got call from oyo and they said the amount will be refunded within 7 days.

[Apr 20, 2019] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by ZakiAhmad, Apr 20, 2019
Booking ID: TURG8270
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Apr 21, 2019
Dear Guest, We really apologize for the trouble caused to you. Our relevant team will get in touch with you soon.

Team OYO
Updated by ZakiAhmad, Apr 21, 2019
Here is the receipt I got from the hotel. Also the slip of payment of Rs 4282 through my card.

OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Apr 25, 2019
Thank you for sharing the details with us. we're getting this check for you.
Team OYO