OYO Rooms — refund rejected by oyo

Emanul Sheikh on Jun 14, 2019
I had booked for a room on 7th June 2019 in a hotel named Hotel P2 in Digha. My booking ID was JFUB9215.
Later on the booking day I received a message stating that the booking was cancelled. In order to confirm the reason I tried reaching the Oyo customer care. But they confirmed that it is still booked. After multiple attempts I managed to get the Hotel contact number from a customer care executive.
When I spoke with the hotel they said to cancel the booking and that they don't accept any booking through Oyo.
So I reached customer care multiple times to explain the same but they told me it was still a confirmed booking.
Again after sometime I received another text stating that the booking has been shifted to another hotel without my consent. Later on I spoke with the customer care who said that I have to pay extra 8.5 k approx to book the new hotel. I've already paid Rs. 6142 for Hotel P2 and it was not possible for me to pay extra 8.5k.
After multiple interaction with the Oyo customer care, I was informed that I will be getting a call from them which till today Jun 14th never happened.
On Sunday 9th June I spoke with the customer care and they raised a refund case and promise that they'll call, again which till now didn't happen.
I followed up with them and all I was informed that I'll receive a call in next 15 minutes, or next day.
On 13th June got to know that they've cancelled my booking. So far worst experience ever with Oyo.

I didn't even stay in either of the hotels. All I want is my refund.

[Jun 16, 2019] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Emanul Sheikh, Jun 26, 2019
I didn't receive any update from Oyo yet.
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Jun 27, 2019
Hello Guest,

We never want any dissatisfactory experience for any of our guest and are getting this checked for you.

Team OYO
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Jun 27, 2019
Our team attended the concern diligently and the needful has been communicated to you. We assure you such instances will not take place again. Let us know for any other assistance.

1933