[Resolved] OYO Rooms — room was not available at the venue when I had confirmed booking

Gurugram, Gurgaon District, Haryana, India
 kkushal.gupta on Dec 13, 2018
Hi Team,

This was a very bad experience with OYO. Yesyerday 12 Dec 2018, when I reached at OYO 18851 Smart Signature where I had confirmed booking they said that no room is available as my booking is extra booking then the total capacity of the property. Then I called OYO helpline number, the representative there said that he can't do anything for this issue and offered nearby lower rating properties at higher tariff rates. At last after 1 hr of struggle we decided on a property OYO 1125 Hotel City Point and he gave me the hotel number to confirm the room availability before I go there to avoid the above described situation. On calling the given number they said that they are not associated with OYO Rooms, this was most unexpected answer. So the situation continued for 1 more hour, I was disconnected multiple times from OYO customer care with the excuse that I am not audible and I was able to hear them perfectly, seriously your customer care executives are real players. In between I was offered one more property OYO 16450 Jass Hospitality, and they gave the same excuse that rooms are not available and OYO app was showing rooms are available there.

This was a horrible experience at OYO and I wasted more then 2 hrs and pain to take cabs and go to different OYO properties. I need you to look into this matter and take action ASAP.

Kushal Gupta

room was not available at the venue when I had confirmed booking
Complaint marked as Resolved Jan 11, 2019
The support team contacted me and refunded the difference amount that i paid at oyo property with the original booked property and transportation charges.

[Dec 14, 2018] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Dec 15, 2018
Sorry for the issue faced. We are getting this checked for you.

Team OYO
Updated by kkushal.gupta, Dec 15, 2018
Yes, please do. I am posting booking id's below for your reference
Oyo 18851 smart signature VCKY0752
Oyo 1125 Hotel City Point RQJU8625 ( its managers number was given by Oyo Support and he denied hotels tie-up with Oyo )
Oyo 16450 Jass Hospitality QTDF6987
Updated by kkushal.gupta, Dec 18, 2018
Any update ?
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Dec 19, 2018
Dear Guest,

As checked our team connected with you in regards to your concern and provided you needful resolution. Let us know for any other assistance.

Team ORM
Updated by kkushal.gupta, Dec 19, 2018
Yes, I had a word with your representative and they are working on resolution.

Kushal Gupta