Passport Office Delhi — nationality doubt

Na, Delhi, India
 Meena19890 on Apr 21, 2018
My name is meena and few months back i'd applied for passport but it didn't approve.
After police verification process, i received an email saying that my passport application is kept on hold as they doubt on my nationality.
I live with my family and my dad is a retired govt servant, he was posted in cpwd, curzon road and even after his retirement he still works there temporally.
I'd submitted all my school certificate, my graduation certificate, aadhar card, pan card, etc. But they asked me to show my birth certificate which i don't have. My parents emigrated from nepal to india long back and it's been more than 50 years now but i was born in india and brought here.

I have checked in the website, it is clearly mentioned that in place of birth certificate i can submit my rest of the identity documents. I am 1989 born and if i am not wrong
The rules have already changed and updated whereas they don't ask for birth certificate.
I even when to the passport office on 17th apr'18, at bikajikama place, r. K. Puram but nothing happened. I was sent to the room number 11, i told them everything but they said i need to submit all my father's documents like his pan card, aadhar card, vother id, electricity bill, etc. Also, when i told them that i don't have birth certificate then they said "banwa lo".

I really don't understand, why am being punished and harassed just to get my passport, i feel like the whole system is corrupt.

One more incident happened during that time, on the 1st floor, there's a girl who also applied for passport and the same police officer came for verification. I even spoke to him and told him that my file is kept on hold because he submitted the same reason. When i questioned him, he just ignored but still took my signature and aadhar card number to complete the verification process of that girl. Just one question i wanted to ask, if he felt that i am not indian or he actually doubted on my nationality then why did he took my details as witness. Is it because i didn't pay anything to him that time?

Please let me know if you can help me in this. You may contact by replying to the same mail or contact me at my number [protected].

Meena
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

Hudco Trikoot-3, Bhikaji Cama Place, R.K.Puram, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110066
    Passport Office Delhi - nationality doubt