Prestige Home Appliances — Induction cooker defective product - replacement request rejected

Ernakulam, Ernakulam District, Kerala, India
 Manoj Shenoy
I'm a regular customer of prestige products. This time I had an horrible experience. I had purchased a prestige induction cooker model PIC 2.0 V2 (With remote) for Rs. 3200 under discount from prestige store in Ernakulam on 14th May 2015. And within six months there was some fault in the induction cooker and they rectified it and gave it back to me but on 2nd June 2016 (that's only 15 days after expiry of warranty) while I was cooking in timer mode, the induction cooker caught fire and damaged all the things around it in the kitchen and the MCB switch got down only after the cooker caught fire then only I knew something was wrong. Immediately I doused the fire off and took this Prestige Service center in Ernakulam. They saw the product and they accepted that it's the fault of the coil and it was not my fault and they accepted my request for a replacement. Complaint Ref No. ERAN50110936. After two weeks the manager of the service center one Mr. Suresh ([protected]) says that he would give me only 50% of replacement amount and that too that amount will not be given on discounted products. My question to you is, Is this product only reliable for warranty time (I mean one year)? it's just 15 days old after warranty and it caught fire and how can they say that it's out of warranty. Who would be responsible if my whole house was caught fire. How is that just 15 days past warranty they say that they can't take responsibility of the fake products which you sold to me. There was also a gas stove beside it and just imagine if the gas stove would also have caught fire and you make fun of us by giving 50% concession on the original MRP (and not the discounted price)?

They have cheated me.

Induction cooker defective product - replacement request rejected
Induction cooker defective product - replacement request rejected
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

Prestige Home Appliances - Induction cooker defective product - replacement request rejected

Company:Prestige Home Appliances