Post your Comment
Rainbow children's hospital, Little Mount, Saidapet
File a Complaint
Rainbow Hospital — Unnecessary IV caused big issue
Government hospital would be far far better compared to Rainbow children's hospital. Came here to treat cold, but ended up treating my baby, for their mistake.
1) Delay by receptionist (he went for dinner) by 45 mins for admission
2) since cold, two months baby was not taking his regular feed. They didn't see the old records of his weight gain, taken thrice within a week. He peed five times on that day, but they didn't ask anything about the feed count. He was active and smiling during admission. We told not to put IV, until if it is mandatory. They directly insisted for IV, without listening to our words. Nurse took nearly half an hour for inserting IV, he was screaming continuously until they complete their activity, but they didn't allow us to see him. I don't really feel the IV is mandatory to treat cold for an active, feed taking, weight gaining, smiling, popping and peeping 70 days baby.
3) they started drips at 1130pm and in the morning baby's hand was like fully blown balloon. We identified and requested to remove the IV. When it was removed we were shocked to see this hand got a big crack. His skin got maxed out and busted at inner elbow joints.
4) After arguing with doctor they told it was an unfortunate event. Due to their lack of knowledge and ignorance, my baby is suffering the pain now. Me and my wife were holding his hand upwards for 7 hours continuously, to reduce the swelling.
5) Doctor advised nurse to put the ointment immediately to heal the crack. But it was delayed nearly an hour. When we enquire, we came to know that hospital pharmacy is not having the medicine and they arranging from outside. Never expected this from a children's speciality hospital.
6) Calling bell near the bed was turned off for more than an hour, noted that both the days during my stay. Never ever seen such thing in any of the hospital. How can someone seek help, if there is an emergency?
By mistake, if you admit anyone in this hospital, please don't leave the patient alone. In case of emergency, patient can't use the calling bell for help.
Nobody is responsible, all just pointing others for their mistake. Because of their ignorance and lack of knowledge, my two months bday is suffering a lot now. For treating any of the issue, please go elsewhere in this world, but not to Rainbow children's hospital.
Very worst experience with their hospitality and treatment. I'm treating his hands, instead of his actual cold issue.
After fighting with all their staffs, nurses, doctors and management team; they showed their kind heart and mercy and reduced three thousand rupees from total bill amount, to compensate their mistake. Whatever mistake they do, their only moto is to make money out of it.
Please please stay away from this hospital to save your kids.
Was this information helpful?