Reliance General Insurance — travel insurance policy

Karan Hinduja on Mar 8, 2018
Hi, i bought a travel insurance policy from reliance general insurance for my bali trip in november 2017. There was an emergency in bali for volcano eruption and i informed the insurance company about the emergency. There was a delay for 4 days and i was stranded in bali, indonesia. After i came back i submitted all the relevant documents for claim filing and the insurance people categorized my policy into trip delay instead of trip interruption because the cap of delay is only $50 and interruption is $ 600. I tried to explain them a delay is something that can be calculated in hours but it was not a delay in my case since i did not know exact number of hours for which the trip is delayed. It clearly indicates that it was a trip interruption of 4 days and not a few hours. But reliance has decided not to give me the compensation of the amount claimed but only gave me $ 100 against $ 1200 for 2 policies that i purchased from them. I would like to inform all the people please do not buy any policy from reliance general insurance as i have had this bitter experience. I was a regular purchaser of their policy but now when the test time came they turned back and gave this bitter experience. I also tried to escalate this to their matrix on below id's but no luck, these people will not entertain you at all since they don't want to give you your claimed amount. Also while returning the claimed form they have stamped "paid" on each and every page where the expenses were around $ 850 but have reimbursed only $100.
Level 1:- rgicl. Services@relianceada.com
Level; 2:- rgicl. Grievances@relianceada.com
Level 3:- rgicl. Headgrievances@relianceada.com
Ombudsman:- inscoun@ecoi.co.in

Thank you. Please find below details furnished.

Name of policy holders:- mr. Jagdish mengraj hinduja& karan jagdish hinduja

Policy details:-
Reliance general insurance//[protected]/ 8741 // m107442.40 / m107443.38

If anyone has faced some bitter experience please write back on this post as i have made provisions to file a case in court against them with the relevant documents and proof.

Thank you all.

[Mar 08, 2018] Reliance General Insurance customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Karan Hinduja, Apr 27, 2018
No Updates yet, can someone please follow up and get my money from these fraudsters
Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

C- 42, Pawane,T.T.C, Industrial Area, M.I.D.C, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
    Reliance General Insurance - travel insurance policy