[Resolved]  Renault — problem with the car's gear mechanism

Dear sir

I purchased renault duster (Petrol variant) in july 2016 (Registration no dl-8c-an-6455) along with extended warranty trusting on renault’s global brand image. The car is regularly sent for service at your noida dealership.

I believe that i have made biggest mistake of my life to trust on renault as following are the issues i have faced with the car in past 3 years (Almost):
From the very beginning the car had some issues and used to give jerks & vibrations randomly during the driving. I reported this many a times to your service centre and even formally made a complaint to renault regarding the same. I used to get the most obvious and unprofessional reply that the problem is not occurring in front of service staff and thus nothing can be done. I even offered them to keep my car for 1-2 weeks and test drive it so that they can get to know actual problem, to which they said it is not possible. After lot of arguments dealership changed a part called throttle body and told me that issue will not repeat; but i believe that the problem has still not been fully rectified.
I have even lost the count car has been sent to service centre due to technical snags; every time i am assured that the problem has been taken care of and will not repeat, but to my disappointment the problem reappears with few days and the cycle continues.
I am bearing with these minor issues but from past 2-3 months the car is having a serious issue which can be a major security threat to us as well as others on the road. The car suddenly stop shifting gears however hard you may try to push the clutch or pull the gearstick. The problem occurs intermittently and some times gets over in few minutes but sometimes it just doesn’t get right and i have to leave car on the road for 3 times in past 2 months and come home back by a cab. I still thank god that the problem has not occurred during interstate travels.in this regard, i sent the car to your dealership in april 2019 and they again told that the problem is not occurring in front of them and they can’t do much about it. On my repeated request and persistent they kept the car for 2 days and changed some parts and assured me that they have thoroughly checked the problem and it will definitely not repeat in future. But to my disappointment, the problem reoccured today while i was driving toward mehrauli. The cars gear just refused to move and i somehow managed to drive it down to my home in 1st gear (As no gear changes were happening).

I request people at renault to understand that this problem can turn into a mishap and can even be fatal to life of persons inside and outside the car. This is something not expected out of such a reputed company and on top of it such casual approach towards complaints is also not acceptable.

I am writing this email after being really frustrated and with high hopes that someone sensible at renault might understand the gravity of the problem and will take a corrective action in this regard.
I request you to either find the exact fault with the vehicle and rectify it or else give me a replacement vehicle; as i don’t find the car suitable enough to be driven on the roads.

Looking forward for a prompt action not this matter otherwise i will be left with no other option then to lodge an official complaint against the dealership & renault in the consumers court.
Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 12, 2019

[May 05, 2019] Renault customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Renault Customer Care's response May 06, 2019 Dear Himanshu,

The concern you have highlighted is being looked into and will get back to you shortly. Request your patience in the interim.
Renault Customer Care's response May 11, 2019 Dear Himanshu,

As checked, we understand that our team has spoken to you on your reported concern and you will visit the dealership for further assistance. In case of any support required, please feel free to contact us at[protected].
Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: ShareTweet

Renault
    Renault Address
    ASV Ramana Towers #37-38, 4th Floor, Venkatanarayana Road, T.Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600017