[Resolved]  Royal Sundaram General Insurance — forcing insured to put his life in danger

My car chevrolet cruze bearing reg. No. Hr72a5993, policy no. Vpb[protected] comprehensive, met with an accident late night on 10th march 2019.

Both the airbags got deployed and front left of car was damaged.

I informed on r. S. Claim no.[protected] of the accident and vehicle was towed to nearby chevrolet service center on 11th march 2019, morning.

All the related documents, fir copy, dl, pan card, aadhar card etc. Were submitted to the company in next 3-4 days.

I requested r. S. To settle the claim as per their liability towards repair of the vehicle, since vehicle is in major damage and airbags are also deployed, so it is not safe to use the vehicle after repairs, it will put the life of driver and other occupants in danger.

I am in continuous touch with the r. S team but there is no satisfactory progress in this case and each time i was given new excuses or some investigation is still going on.

It`s being more than 1.5 months now since the claim being intimated but still there is no resolution provided yet.

R. S. The insurer is even forcing me to go for the repairs, as they do not value human life.

Kindly look into this.

forcing insured to put his life in danger
forcing insured to put his life in danger
Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 3, 2019

[May 03, 2019] Royal Sundaram General Insurance customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Customer Care's response May 03, 2019
Hi Vishal, this is concerning to hear, and we regret the inconvenience caused. We have noted your details and have forwarded it to our team. Be assured, they’ll look into the matter and assist you accordingly.
Updated by vishal.diablo May 08, 2019
No assistance provided yet !

I clearly mentioned in my mail send on 19th April `19, that vehicle is extensively damaged.
Both the airbags are deployed and frontal crash guard section is being damaged.
Getting the vehicle repaired and using it again on the road will seriously risk life of the driver and the occupants.

I am not interested in risking my life by getting the vehicle repaired and using it on public roads.
I instructed R.S. to depute someone from your end to discuss with me and settle a lump sum amount.

R.S. can now choose any of the three options.

- Settle the claim as per repair liability of the insurer.
- Pay 100% repair cost of the vehicle.
- Pay 100% IDV of the vehicle and get the R.C. transfer done.
Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: ShareTweet

Royal Sundaram General Insurance Phone
    +91 44 7117 7117 [Corp Office]
    Royal Sundaram General Insurance Address
    Vishranthi Melaram Towers, No.2/319, Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR), Karapakkam, -, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600097