Rto India — issue in getting driving license for partial disability

Currently i am trying to get driving licence.

Please note that,

As a handicap, i am having problem in my left leg only (Right leg is normal) and i am perfectly fit to drive an automatic transmission car.

I am also having a physically disability certificate and physical fitness certificate.

Now the problem is that, as per rto laws in india, i can drive a specific car only after suitable modifications for me and this car is required to be registered under invalid carrige.

As per my physical condition and physical fitness certificate, i don't need any modifications in the car (I am having automatic transmission car).

At jayanagar rto, the assistant rto officer is not ready to transfer the vehicle under invalid carrige as it doesn't have any modifications.

When i met the assistant rto officers again and told me that he can not change vehicle category to invalid carriage without any modifications.

Many times i visited rto without any success. As a handicap person, i am getting lots of trouble visiting rto, instead of any help.

Normal people will get dl with manual transmission vehicle test and then they switch to automatic no issues when partial disable people like me even though i can drive automatic car i am not eligible which is unfair and illogical.

What if a normal person has valid dl and unfortunately has left leg injury and he switched to auto transmission without notice to rto? Is he allowed??

Today lot of people switching to auto transmission and also all high end cars has option of auto transmission. Why such discrimination of rules. People like me is suffering with such unscientific and making us dependent which is very rude...

I request you to kindly do the needful.

Praveen
123785dspraveen. [protected]@gmail.com

[Jun 02, 2019] RTO India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0