Say No To Yamaha — do not buy yamaha fz25 : its a faulty machine, worst service by yamaha

Ernakulam, Kerala, India
 Arjunms007 on Mar 2, 2019
First of all, i would like to recommend a motto for yamaha : 'no yamaha'

I bought my first bike from yamaha, a brand new fz25 priced at 1.50 lakhs around two months back. Had my first service on jan 18th and now my bike just covered 2800 km. After the first service, i noted an abnormal 'rrrr' sound from the engine when the bike cross 4000 rpm. I did double checked with my friends to make sure its not a normal engine sound. Also, i had to face ignition issue a few times. The bike failed to start sometimes. I didn't panic as i trusted yamaha brand and believed the service team will fix it in no time as its a brand new bike. The next day i took the bike to service center,
I told them the problem regarding ignition and issue for self start and i was surprised to hear the response from the supervisor. He told me the following facts about yamaha motorcycle

"this issue is common in fz25 bikes and they will do something to fix that in your second service!"
"you don't have to worry as we have a breakdown service when the bike stops halfway"
"we cannot check unless the issue is shown in front o[censored]s"

Isn't it embarrassing!!
What i could understand from the response is that i must run this bike praying to god for 2000 km until the second service for the fix. Another realization is the assurance of fault machine manufacturing by yamaha with common issues.

Also, regarding the engine sound, he rode the bike and understood the abnormal sound problem. When i asked for the fix, again look at the response

"the bike covered just 2800 km and we cannot do anything with the engine before 3000 km"

What am i supposed to do now with this faulty machine now??
I must say, yamaha is responsible for this faulty manufacturing and irresponsible service response without doubt and i will make sure no friend or acquaintance of mine is gonna purchase an yamaha motorcycle anymore.

Mobile number : [protected]
Email id : [protected]@gmail.com
Chassis number : me1rg4218j0044516
Nature of complaint : engine and ignition issue
Concerned dealership : indel automotives kochi pvt ltd
Retail date : 18/12/2018

Comments

Dear Arjun,

We request you to coordinate with concerned Yamaha dealer person for mentioned concern.

In case of any issue please feel free to contact us at [protected]@yamaha-motor-india.com or Call us at Toll Free Number:[protected].

Team Yamaha India
Arjunms007's [Complaint's author] reply, Mar 12, 2019
Hi Yamaha,

Really Pathetic!!
Yamaha breakdown service took my bike last week and they are demanding 1 week time for fixing the complaint.
Isn't it a shame for Yamaha?
A brand new Bike hardly 2 months old is facing numerous complaints and the team is taking the complaint in such a negligible attitude and asking for 1 week time. I will never recommend a Yamaha bike to anyone for sure!
Arjunms007's [Complaint's author] reply, Mar 12, 2019
I tried to contact customer care service, and i must say...its horrible!!
i waited in queue for 1 hour!!

Say No To Yamaha - do not buy yamaha fz25 : its a faulty machine, worst service by yamaha

Company:Say No To Yamaha