[Resolved] Shaadi.com — Shaadi.com asking to submit Id-proof's

Pune, Maharashtra, India
 RashmiPune
Hello, I am paid member to shaadi.com. From 28th Aug 15 Shaadi.com had blocked my profile due to want of following ID proof like- 1 Identification Proof 2 Residence Proof 3 Occupation Proof 4 Education Proof I have already submitted my Driving License to them and also I paid by my credit card. I am not welling to submit documents for security purpose. And feel that shaadi.com should not ask for sensitive documents. I have asked them to support the documents under which they are authorized to ask for such documents but that are saying it is there in our terms & condition, so one has to support ( http://www.shaadi.com/shaadi-info/index/terms) Shaadi ID : Deshmukh R ([protected]@gmail.com) / [protected] I need your guidence : whether shaadi.com is authorized to ask for such documents?! Under what security act shaadi.com is asking such documents Date of Incident : 27 Aug 2015 (Appx) Client : Shaadi.com Incidence : Block paid membership for want of ID Proofs desirable resolution : refund Thanks in advance for your co-operation and looking forward best solution. With Regards, Rashmi J [protected]

Shaadi.com asking to submit Id-proof's
Complaint marked as Resolved Sep 24, 2015

My said complaint has been resolved by Shaadi.com. They have given via media solution to show the documents over Skype. On 24th Sept 15 I had a Skype call and had show the documents. After confirming the same, Shaadi has unlocked my profile.

I guess Shaadi.com has shown supporting nature. I am Happy with the service given by them.

[Sep 15, 2015] People-Group / People Interactive India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

I was approached with the same request. I am not comfortable at all to scan my personal ID documents to Shaadi.com. Their website is a commercial website and I am not placing my security in their hands.
There can be other methods of verifying.
I have already shared my name, phone number, email address and If i become a paid member, they will also have my credit card information which is more then enough.
If someone gets reported or is showing derogatory picture or message then they should futher be investigated.
Dear Rashmi,

Thank you for your time today.

As discussed we will connect with you on the said date. We look forward to get this resolved for you at the earliest.

Shaadi.com

Thanks for giving options for supporting the documents. My profile got activated.
WTF??? Why on earth would you want to send passport copies to these internet bhadwas???
I can not imagine why anyone remotely educated would want to put their personal life in the hands of a bunch of illiterate dehatis running internet scams
I faced same issue. Why on earth would I will provide sensitve documents like passport and drivers license.
This is totally insane.
If boy and girl or respective families establish connection they will communicate the details
Soon they will lose all customers.
I am not sure if shaadi.com understand that these are highly confidential information .
They've ask me a Scaned ID..well my answer i wouldn't give my ID because it's sensitive information .That's different story if they send someone to my home to make sure I am the same person who created Account at shaadi.com then i would like to show my ID but Scaned id...Hell noooo.Here are already bunch of scammers around in US.i don't wanna be a victim of I'D theft and you asking me a Scaned ID...haha...i no need a wife from your website.i Glad ain't pay you any penny which I was thinking to pay gold package ...Thank God I didn't do it .

+91 22 4351 7007 (HQ)
    +91 22 2481 2277 (Customer Relations)
    2B (2) (ii) Ground Floor, Film Centre, Building 68, Tardeo Road, Tardeo, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400034
    Shaadi.com - Shaadi.com asking to submit Id-proof's