I deepak venugopal residing in mumbai, mulund west, have been using sony products for a very long time but not anymore after the pathetic response from authorised sony service centres - pan mumbai.
My tv was not working for the past three days and i was trying to locate on the internet an authorised service centre. This pathetic response is what was in store.
1. The nearest service centre - mangalmurti enterprises, thane west - tel - [protected] was totally non responsive for two days. Nobody even answered the call. Pathetic!!
2. I then called another centre in thane - nancy electronics - they immediately gave the mangalmurthi number. I told its not working. They asked me to keep trying. Pathetic!!
3. I then tried the toll free number[protected] was not working.
4. I then had a live chat with sony rep. The person
gave me the toll free number - which was not working. Then she finally gave me a far off service number in the western suburbs and still had the audacity to say their service was commendable. Its still 3 days and i havent even started with sony service. See attached images.
5. I then contacted the service centre given - krish electronics - malad east.
kept interrupting my case with her in between talks with other people and finally said they dont cater to mulund area. When i protested she asked to call the toll free number.
I said it wasnt working... Then finally.. Finally she said it can be dialled only using landlines..
Now none of the site says this.. Not even the customer rep on the chat told me this.. Pathetic.
They also gave me the mangalmurthi number - which i think is only for show. Totally non responsive.
6. Finally i used the landline and registered the complaint. The rep said my problem will be solved
Within 48 hours.. God knows.. Because when i asked for the complaint number.. He said it would be
Sms'd to me.. Where..?? Man iam using the land line number. He kept fumbling until i gave him
My mobile number. Its been six hours.. I still havent received the complaint number..
7. Iam just keeping my fingers crossed that some sony technician turns up else will get some other brand
Anyways iam out of the sony fan club after the pathetic experience. The reason for writing this mail is
To highlight the problem with sony process to the sony management and how over the years it is going downhill.
Hope this mail is noted.
Sony India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.