Sony India Complaints & Reviews

1.5
Last updated Jan 27, 2023

File a complaint to Sony India

Having problems with Sony India?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Sony India customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Sony India

To whomever it concerns.

Model no:klv-49w672e

Serial no:8017565

Compliant no:42622152

This is to get notice that even after so many follow up also and sending mails also. There is zero response from you end. This states that sony company they want to only sell the product, but after sales there is zero support and services given to the customer.

I will look for one more day till tomorrow or else i will make a legal complain on the company.

Hope you take this serious, rather than falling into the legal trouble.

Looking forward for your response and service.

Mohan krishna d

This is to inform that i had purchased a sony led television dated on[protected] from bajaj electronics chintal and it has been confirmed that their is 2 years warranty on the product.

Model no:klv-49w672e

Serial no:8017565

Compliant no:42622152

This is to get you the concern that when tv is not working at all. When the complaint was been raised on[protected]. The technician come and visited our place and confirmed that the concern team will get back to us shortly and give resolution. I have been waiting now and till date there is no communication from your end at all. I will request to kindly check and provide a proper solution (Or) else give me a replacement of the same model.

Tanking you.

Looking forward for your response and support.

Mohan krishna d
Dear Mr. Mohan Krishna,

Greetings from Sony India. We thank you for patronizing Sony Products.

This is in reference to your email dated 9th, 11th October 2017, regarding your Sony BRAVIA television Model: KLV-49W672E, Serial no. 8017565 purchased on 28th September 2017.

We understand your concern towards the service of your television.

We would like to inform you that, the product was inspected for post-sales support, vide job no: J72740734 by our Authorised Service centre – M/s. Pranank Electronics, Telangana.

Upon physical inspection of the product by our engineer, the Display Panel of this product was found to be physically damaged due to external cause.

As we mentioned in our Warranty Terms and Conditions, this service is not covered under Warranty.

The service estimation to Display panel is Rs. 25, 345/-.
*This Estimation is prepared solely on the preliminary investigation of the set.
*The Spare Parts charged are on current prices and subject to change.

We would request you to contact the service centre and to approve the estimation for further service support.

We regret that we are unable to comply with your request to consider the service under warranty. We solicit your kind understanding in this regard.

Thanking you and assuring you best of our service support always.

With Warm Regards,
Sony India P. Ltd.

Velan
Customer Support Executive
Customer Centric Division – Chennai

Hi Team,

Thank you for your mail and update .

As per the seller information, it is clear that the warranty is for 1 years from the date of purchase . Moreover it’s not a physical damage .

I will request you kindly look in this regards and see that the product is been replaced/repaired from your end . I am not looking to pay a single Paisa from my pocket also .

Looking forward for your positive response and a proper solution.

Mohan Krishna D
Dear Mr. Mohan Krishna,

Greetings from Sony India. We thank you for patronizing Sony Products.

This is in reference to your email dated 9th, 11th, 13th October 2017, regarding your Sony BRAVIA television Model: KLV-49W672E, Serial no. 8017565 purchased on 28th September 2017.

This is also in reference to the email dated 13th October 2017 from the undersigned in this regards.

We understand your concern towards the service of your television.

As we explained in our earlier communication, the Display Panel of this product was found to be physically damaged due to external cause.

The service estimation to replace Display panel is Rs. 25, 345/-.
*The Spare Parts charged are on current prices and subject to change.

Since the immediate and approximate cause of the problem is not attributable to any manufacture defect but, to lack of due care in keeping the product free from any external damage, we are not liable to undertake warranty repair or Free of Cost repair.

We would once again request you to contact the service centre and to approve the estimation for further service support. We solicit your kind understanding in this regard.

Hi Team,

Greeting of the day .

Model No:KLV-49W672E

Serial No:8017565

Compliant No:42622152

Thank you for your mail and update .

I had gone across you reply . But as conveyed into the previous mail, it’s not a physical damage at all .

Moreover I had gone across your Terms and Condition and your service charges also . But paying close to 26, 000/- is quite pretty High Amount that to after a recent purchase . I Will request to kindly give more discount, where I can effort paying 8000- 10, 000/- .

Kindly have a think and guide me with the next plan of action with discounted service cost .

Mohan Krishna D

Sir i purchased sony home theatre 07/10/2017 sony dav dz 350 dvd home theatre
    Yesterday10/10/2017 installation &demo finished
    But your staff not usb play video demo
    Reason for our pen drive video is not supported this device then no demo for usb videos.
    So i download mp4 videos in website but video not supported usb drive showing display words "video format not supported"
    I called customer service but no responsibility answer
    Please re demo this product
    Sony India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I subscribed to the premium account for one month and they renewed my subscription for next month without taking my consent. There is no way we can talk to customer service and when i sent them a mail to unsubscribe as mentioned in their terms and conditions page, they did not take it in to account and again they charged me for third month for the subscription.
      I am really frustrated and do not know how to cancel my subscription from sonyliv.
      Kindly look in to this matter.
      Sir for the last three months I am sending mail to customer [protected]@setindia.com to stop auto renewal.but finding no action from their end and every month getting deducted.will u pls see this is stop.
      I had subscribed for Sony liv premium membership on 12th October and paid for the same by paytm. Now money has been deducted from my paytm account without my permission for this month also. I want full refund of my money and I also want to permanently unsubscribe for the premium membership immediately!!

Navya Dhir
      [protected]@gmail.com
      Same fraud happened with me as well. They are refusing to admit it. I have also posted the details of the fraud that happened with me. Here is the link -

sonyliv-no-cancel-subscription-option-on-app-money-deducted-from-paytm-account-c2515775

Also, PFA the images of a bug/intended vulnerability in their app. Two different accounts - one having the CANCEL button. The other not having it.

This was my first sony product purchased and as i had heard a lot about sony product quality i blindly bought the product. Now i am facing the vertical lines and distortion on the screen, when approached the customer care, i am so unsatisfied due the way he is servicing customer.
        There was neither replacement done nor a call came even while the entire lead time for replacement was over. Finally, frustrated, i called up and was told that there was an additional week delaying
        I hope, they start treating a customer as a customer, if not a king, and don't follow an approach of extortion just because a customer has already purchased their brand and it seems has very little bargaining power. Such approach will surely, today or tomorrow affect their business and credibility in the market. Given a choice, i would never buy their product and would strongly advise people to be careful before buying their product.
        Sony India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I purchased a 42' colour sony led tv kdl-42w700b serial number 3313512 in september 2014. This was my first sony product purchased and as i had heard a lot about sony product quality i blindly bought the product. Now i am facing the vertical lines and distortion on the screen, when approached the customer care, they asked to do the factory settings which i did but the problem still exists. Then an engineer came to inspect the tv. He told...

The above tv purchased from vasanth & co chennai failed suddenly two weeks back and did not work. This was purchased on 15th nov 2013.
          Normally, the products of sony very reliable and would not give any trouble for seven to eight years. Understand from your authorized repairer that repair will cost about rs 6, 000.

Since, the tv is required for time pass for my aged the retired brother in law and my sister, it will be repaired and would submit the bills for your enquiry on quality of the parts and reimbursement. (We know the warranty period has expired, but the quality of the product was not good)
          Request your consideration of this claim. Purchase bill is attached

Kind regards
          For srinivasa gopalan
          V r srinivasan

Contact phone no.[protected] ; mob [protected]
          Sony India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Sony india services in navi mumbai is worst & also the home theatre product. I purchased a home theatre sony bdv n9200w in 2015 nov., for that the netflix/youtube app is not working. I complained to sony call centre, they sent an engineer after 4 days, that too he has done nothing. He told that this is issue of internet connectivity. Same youtube site etc is working through home theatre browser, but not working with app. Also the same apps were working fine two months ago with same internet connectivity. Still i am facing the same issue & sony india is not bothered about its customer at all.
            Sony India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

- [ ] i had bought a sony led tv last year from reliance digital r city mall mumbai on 16.04.16 vide tnx#2 r#017 at time 14:07:54pm for rs 1.10lakhs.. The panel got damaged in august 2017 and we called the customer service centre metal tech (Link road andheri) and they gave a quote of 45k... We paid 50% of the cost to the service centre on 02.08.17 and against a commitment of 10 days the same was delivered nearly afte 3 weeks that also. After rigorous follow up on phone (Which mostly went unanswered) and also whatsapp and then finally i had to send a representative to their office on august 18th to speak to a person to check the status.. The staff/supervisor who was accessing the whatsapp no [protected] called abha (Worst professional i have ever come across in my life) refused to speak and though a junior informed that a technician would go across the same day to deliver the panel. We took the number of the technician and called him.. He lied blatantly on his current location and finally after frequent follow up he landed after 2hours with the panel but could not say netball the same as he was not technically equipped with the software. Finally on the 3rd day on 21st the panel was installed and the software loaded and the tv was functional and we made the remaining payment in cheque. Now the real story started the next day when a person from metal tech arrived and said that the clamp provided with the tv was not original and the adapter was faulty and quickly and conveniently replaced the same for 6500 in cash without providing any receipt whatsoever. I immediately put a stop payment on the chq issued earlier and intimated them in advance not to bank the chq till the time i get my receipt.. Then i questioned them on "who would replace the faulty clamp" and "why should i be paying for it" as the company/staff has done something unethical by giving me a clamp of a different brand/model... I told the supervisor abha who suddenly woke up from her deep slumber to sort out the 6.5k dispute.. Initially she was arrogant but later she provided me a receipt for the cost of clamp of a third party and not of metal tech... So i told her to take the remaining amount and provide a solution for 6.5k as they were representing sony but she was not qualified enough to discharge her duties and responsibilities and instead got engrossed in a conflict and later got on a threatening mode. Then the war of words continued on whatsapp. On 5th october my wife received a threatening call from midc police station from someone posing as psi mr patil (Phone #[protected] that there is a case which is being registered against her.. This call was followed a call by the metal tech technician yogesh patil (Mobile #[protected]) to pay up the remaining amount or face dire consequences. When i tried returning the call to yogesh he got aggressive and started using unparliamentary language and hence i had to disconnect the call. Later when we enquired directly with the ps they could not conform anyone by the name mr patil as psi/sub inspector... Nor were they willing to give the phone to their seniors. It was clear that this landline number was used to threaten my wife which is a clear case of impersonation, harassment and mental agony. My wife went into a complete depression post receiving these 2 calls as she was alone at home with kids and i had to rush back home in the middle of my hectic schedule to overmanage the situation and chaos created by the staff of metal tech..in view of the string of the above events i want immediate action to be taken.. I am willing to pay the amount but only after i have been provided a resolution and/or a satisfactory answer regarding my faulty clamp for which i have been taken for a ride for 6.5k without my knowledge and no fault of mine.
              Sony India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Sony giving a 3rd class, poor, very bad & etc service to indian customers...
                Sony India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                We have given Tv service in karimnager telangana 9/08/2017 job card no J72357507 till date not responding it is worst service center in the world no body has not responding about my TV, wysiwyg eantar timing this service center

— forwarded message —
                  From: sunjay gaikwad
                  Date: sat, oct 7, 2017 at 8:25 am
                  Subject: fwd: reminder-1 for address to send legal notice fwd: 'sonyindia=[protected]'bravia television model: klv-32r482b in5 bearing serial no. 3295926
                  To: sonyindia. [protected]@ap. Sony.com
                  Cc: sonyindia. [protected]@sony.com

Respected sir / madam,
                  Please give me the detailed address to send me a legal notice...

Ticket id : [protected] and job no. W[protected]. Sony xperia xz imei no.[protected]. I have submitted my phone to sri sai electronics for repair on 14th sep 2017. It was told to me that the phone will b repaired within 15 days of submission. I was told that the cost of screen and body damage will be paid by me and motherboard replacement will be done under warranty. Now it has been 22 days and still i am not getting any updates (No email, no calls) regarding the position of my phone. Instead i have called multiple times asking the updates, but everytime the only response that i get is "estimation and repair is under approval". I have even told them that i am ready to pay the repair cost. This service is very very dissapointing and i am facing high probelms along with frustation due to unavailability of my phone. I never expected this while becoming the customer of sony. This is really a bad bad experience. Kindly help me in getting my phone in working condition asap. The people that i have talked to is swapanali and mithun from this service center.
                  Oct 06, 2017
                  Updated by sunil3457
                  Address of service center : Sri Sai Electronics, shop F1-11, Sector 5, Vashi, Navi Mumbai - 400703.

I purchesd sony led for sargam electronics noida up in 2015 5th month
                    No there ia no display ony sound is there
                    I complained to sargam and they send from your authorised service center jaypee electronics sector 6 noida technician came and just rub a plastic strip with rubber and told me that it will go to service centre and xharged me rs 340. For just telling me that tv is not working and i have to go to cservice centre he didn't have and metres or even cheked the by opening the back cover and i have to pay him that is ridiculous on the part of such a big company firstly there should be no complaint in such a short period and by chance it should be well attanden
                    V much disappointed
                    Anuraag
                    [protected] noida
                    Sony India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I purchased a sony android tv of 43 inches in december 2016, it’s been only nine months since i purchased the tv. Suddenly there has been faults regarding the display of the tv (On warranty period). After having a conversation with your authorised dealer (Nandilath g mart irinjalakuda) they send one guy for tv servicing and he told me to bring tv to service centre (It more than 35 km) and it will repair within 20 days that is not possible for me. After i have followed up several times with sony customer care and register a complaint (Complaint no:[protected] on 29.9.17 after 6 days i got call from sony service centre and i will explain all still they are laying
                      After i call sony customer care and discussed all and they request me to ask service centre for job number of my complaint they are not given
                      I want to know how company can allow such service centres to carry the tag of authorized service station and cheat the costumers. Please look in to the matter and do the needful.
                      I am highly disappointed with your services
                      Krishnalal v r

Model name - kdl-50w800d
                        Product 8d # 18745401
                        Serial # 8540391
                        Purchase date - 24th june 2017
                        Paid - 80, 000/- along with 3d glasses.
                        Purchased from - sony showroom - naga electricals, rajajinagar, bangalore

Issue - intermittent multiple colored lines on display and issue appeared from day 2 of installation.

Installation was done on 26th sept 2017 after several calls as for 2 days they said they are busy with other customers where my address is just couple of kilometers from their service center, at last it was installed by the tech from sony also he has signed on the warranty card on the same day. The delay in installation was to install the tv in the new house which was under construction.

Series of calls made - i have tried calling on all below number given to me to report this issue - when called all the numbers are busy or ringing no response most of the time.

I called on [protected] and was asked to contact on [protected] but no go, later called on [protected] as this was given to me by the showroom guy from where i had purchased the tv. After multiple attempt i got through as i was asked to contact on [protected], when called the lady picked and said the guy responsible for tv is busy with another customer (Twice) on the 3rd call i told her i have heard this before and i want to talk now, then she said she will arrange a call back which never happened.

After 3 days again i got through [protected] and the lady took my complaint - the service person came and said the display is faulty and the screen needs to be replaced - i was not happy with that and told him that we have hardly used the tv as the fault was found on the 2nd day from installation - he gave a stern reply as we cannot replace. I work for a computer company and come across issues as such - replacing only the display might not always fix the issue as it would be a problem with the motherboard as well.

I wrote about this on facebook on the sony page - i was asked to contact on the customer care toll free - which i did and spoke to the representative who understood the issue and said they would dispatch an engineer from the same service center.

All i'm asking for is to replace the unit as once if its opened for repairs then there is no telling how many times it would be opened as other issue would reoccur and moreover after the 1st year warranty who knows how much i would have to end up shelling.

I would like to formally raise a complaint against sony for their defective product and worst customer service from the service center personnel.

I have attached a copy of warranty card - for some technical issue im unable to attach the video of the issue.

Kindly do the needful.

Vikram scindia
                        Bangalore 560010, karnataka
                        Email id - v*[protected]@dell.com/v*[protected]@gmail.com
                        05/10/2017 - 12:40pm
                        Sony India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Sony India — recharge is success but bill payment is failed

Sir My name is karan kumar my mobile number is [protected] I am pay my bill payment form online form my sbi atm card payment is failed but balance is deduct my account so please help me my card no is 5196××××××××40

My phone stopped working as the phone was accidentally fallen into the water but as the phone is a water proof phone, it should be working fine. But the same was dead.

I submitted the phone in the service center at s. G. Info-tech, borivali, mumbai, india.

They told me that the phone will not be considered in warranty as the same is in water damage.

My phone is a water proof phone up-to 1 meter and 30 minutes under water, so how the phone was dead in the first place and how is the service center exclaiming that the phone cannot be claimed under warranty.
                          Sony India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have purchased a sony experia xa1 mobile from amazon in june 2017. But after 2 months mobile touch was not working i visited service center and after 1 week the mobile was return due to problem was solved. Now after 1 month again the same issue his disturbing me. I dont have time to go to service center every month. So kindly resolve the issue due to this i am not able to call or sms to any one. Kindly resolve the issue asap. Resolving the issue asap will be appreciated.

Dear sir
                              I purchase sony led kdl 43w800d in sales point at por (Vadodara) (Gujarat). Complaint date1 oct 2017 last four day waiting call company but no repose. Plz help me... Sony led replace new led. Another wise clear me problem.
                              Date 16july 2017...
                              Sales point
                              13, shreeji complex
                              Por khayavar chokdi
                              Vadodara m -[protected]
                              Yogesh bhatt

In last year, November 20
                                16, I bought the Sony Bravia 43W950D @ Rs.70k. I had selected this one for its triluminous display & extra sound bar at the bottom.But yesterday suddenly I got an issue.At starting time, a "red light started blinking 5 times" & it doesn't stop until you manually turn off the TV.So ultimately by the Sony technician, I got to know it's the fault of Panel Board.I mean a brand like Sony claiming the best in flagship...

Hi team,
                                Its really embrassing to write a compliant against service of such a prestigious company "sony".

Complaint number : 4i979950

You can call me on 88860i8080
                                Such a wrost team of people recruted, irresponsible.
                                Almost its being one month on i0 september we have registered complaint.

Action to be taken against staff manager sai warangal, tirupathi engineer mncl, sumathi warangal service center and dinesh warangal service center.
                                Sony India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

The order was placed on 25/09/2017 vide inv no. Sla[protected] at your authorised dealer m/s. Croma sewoods, navi mumbai-400706.
                                  The delivery was made on 26/09/2017 without a) 1tb external hard drive and b) netflix 6 months free subscription bonus voucher.

I have followed up several times with 1) sony authorised dealer (Croma) (Ph no.[protected]), 2) sony service centre at vashi, navi mumbai (Ph no[protected]) as well as 3) sony hq new delhi (Contact persons ms akshi and mr himangsu @[protected]).

There is no confirmed information from above.
                                  In view of above please reply :
                                  1. Since the tv product was purchased during offer period, so why the offers were not delivered with the product?
                                  2. Who is responsible for the mismanagement and why compensation should not be rendered for the delay?
                                  Your prompt review and suitable actions will be appreciated.

Best regards,