SriLankan Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Jan 15, 2023

File a complaint to SriLankan Airlines

Having problems with SriLankan Airlines?

File a complaint and get it resolved by SriLankan Airlines customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

SriLankan Airlines

SriLankan Airlines Phone Numbers

Fax

SriLankan Airlines reviews & complaints page 3

Good Morning,
I'm Henry Paul from India and a frequent flier with Srilankan Airlines and was flying from Coimbatore to Doha and back via Colombo until Covid break out in March 2020.
Flight tickets were purchased from your office at Coimbatore. During Dec 2019 I had purchased a bulk ticket until October 2020 and the total amount was transferred as one payment.

After flight cancellation from March 2020, the staffs...

I am Ravikumar chelladurai my ticket ref: JOF79A my ticket number is[protected]
Chennai to Dammam ticket to be refund my credit card account
I am applied srilakan website also. but no refund
SriLankan Airlines customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Respected sir/madam,
    I, booked my inernaional tkts under reference no: reyhq9
    Tkt no[protected] &[protected] for travel to australia on 09/04/20.
    My tickets were not utilized by me due to covid 19.
    I contacted my agent (Classic travels)< [protected]@yahoo.co.in>& wrote to "riya travels" (). According to them srilankan airlines has not refunded any money/covid voucher till date.
    It is my humble request to you to kindly let me know the present status about refund/voucher.

I been a registered disability passenger was not boarded on the flight ba 292 on december 15th, 2019 at 22.45 flight from iad to london all though i was 10 minuets early then closing time. My rf. Number txro7e. Ticket number[protected]. Name mahendra. I need my full refund of additional charges +hotel and uber taxi money. I will not give up until l get my full refund.
      Sir I'm lalit kumar
      I am book 2 ticket delhi to Melbourne Australia ticket date 18 mar 2020
      Any reason ticket cancel but refund amount
      Deductions 20000 per ticket
      My ticket no[protected]
      Second[protected]

I travel sri lankan airlines from riyadh to trichy via columbo, incident happen in columbo airport 21st july 2019, i had complaint to srilankan airlines customer care but i didn't get any proper answer & compensation

I am rajaprabha thinakaran, my pnr number sxcwdb, i have booked the ticket riyadh to trichurapallytrz via colombo at 21st july ul266 & ul131, this is confirmed ticket also,
        Case happened to me 22nd july...
        I and my wife recently traveled to tokyo, japan from bangalore, india through srilankan airlines, as the connecting flight from colombo to tokyo was more than 20+ hours i requested to book the hotel accommodation with them airlines initially confirmed the booking through email but when i reached colombo airlines staff said it was only confirmed for my wife, even after showing the email confirmation, they never allowed me to stay and none...

Boarding pass denied, even my family having a valid visa (2 months extended), tokyo immigration has provided the seal.
        Due to lack of japanese visa awareness by airline counter staff simply they denied boarding pass in chennai airport without checking their counter part at tokyo/ proper immigration team. Staff told they need english supporting documents. Even after we provided they are not ready reschedule my family tickets.
        My family suffered lot due to staff mistake, she has carried small kid and huge luggage to and fro from their home (~500km).
        Airlines not taking any action on it.
        So raising here the issue, i hope from here this could solved at least.

Was scheduled for taking nrt cmb blr flight on 28-oct-19 at 11.20am booked via makemytrip and just came to know at the airport there is no such flight today its on 29-oct, then how come srilankan airlines had issued a e-ticket for 28th oct.. And why was i not informed well in advance if theres a reschedule with a new e-ticket???. I have an infant travelling with me and my wife and all our hotel, rail pass, wifi etc were only upto 28th... Both mmt and srilankan airlines is very casually saying they cant help and we can take 29th oct flight... Who will bear the extra expenses of extra day at hotel??? Or do they expect us to stay 24hrs more at airport with a baby???

And srilankan airlines or mmt is not even confirming reissue of ticket with change date of 29-oct???

And if i still want to return today itself as my original plan it will cost me more than one lakh to book new flight, who will bear that cost??? And srilankan airlubes could have just rerouted me on another flight today in thier partner or codeshare airlines but they are not even suggesting options, we are the ones coming up with ideas but the srilanksn airlines are clueless and not at all helping resolve this issue

Mmt & sri lankan airlines needs to refund in full for thier mistake of not informing pasenger as its thier duty as agents thats why we choose travel agents in the first place to make it easy for passengers but instead the airlines and travel agents is the one causing us financial and emotional hassles...
          My ticket no[protected]
          Ram kumar
          Kusam lata
          I can know refund amount pls send detail my gmail I'd [protected]@gmail.com

I Vinod kumar Dimri trvel by srilanka airline no.Ul 195 on 10 oct.2019. From Singapore to delhi. I give three baggage in check in. I told the staff that un one sutcase have toys.and one trooly pl.take care about it .They put fragile slip on one my sutcase and on trolly.They asked me to sign in slip.I sign it without any orgument they not told me at that time it is not airline responsibalty to take care of my items.when I recived trolly in delhi airport it was dammage. Iimmidiate report to ground staff.but their behavior not coprative They simply take photo of my trooly and asked me you have given signatures therefore we can not do anything. I told them atleast give me in writing that we handed you dammage trolly but they are fighting with me. Now I want atleast airline appolise for there behavior take care in future so no body harrassment as I. Thanking you.

I purchased two tickets from sri lankan on july 12. On the same day, i called customer service to cancel the tickets, and i was informed on this call that i should do the online cancellation, at a cancellation fee o[censored]s20 per ticket. I provided sri lankan the protocol number for the call where i was informed the wrong amount, which they did not check. I applied for the refund, as recommended, and received an email saying the refundable amount would be informed to me in two business days. I never received the email informing me of the refundable amount. I have received the refund in my credit card, and was surprised to see a cancellation fee in excess o[censored]s240, which was both higher than the amount i was informed on the phone and unexpected, as i was never informed the amount i was going to be refunded.

To whom it may concern my baggage was mishandled for 2 days. After receiving luggage which was delivered to my apartment at the colombo loft i notice that coffee was spilt all through my bag staining my clothes. I have pictures which i will send to you i believe i am entitled for compensation because my bag was misplaced for 2 days and my clothes were ruined because of my sealed coffee was opened at customs. The lady at the desk in the baggage centre told me i had to give her my keys to my luggage so therefore it’s obvious that customs failed to put lid on coffee properly resulting in coffee spilling everywhere in my luggage please get back to me as soon as possible on this matter

Kind regards brett nixon

I don't think any one educated people siting on srilanka airlines has real degree
                  Does they have any thing else work other than satisfying their ego which is of no use
                  So many times complain is longed still no action
                  Bloody just shut your beggar airlines if can't afford. I say not only airlines but country is also beggar.
                  On immigration on colombo they reacted in way like don't know which country useless is talking about america or france... People of srilanka don't forget your country is taken by china ok
                  So tired of the fake numbers given by airlines authorities then i have to search onlines of other mailids of customer complaints
                  Now that bloody useless person is also not responding
                  I tell you beggar country as well as uneducated staff of international airlines (Funny)

No regrets
                  Janki patel
                  We together fly from srilanka to moroni lugguage is missing all three bag. But now 2 is received out of three( missing lugguage no. MHEN 2803). Now back my through malesya lugguage booked by vayakkeel aneesh. I hope you do posettive in my favour.

Dear team,
                    I am muthuswamy and my booking ref vzp8oy traveled in srilankan airlines from trivandrum 29th june to jakarta. One of my checked in baggage is badly damaged while receiving it in jakarta. I would like to apply for the claim.
                    I have already mailed on cus. [protected]@srilankan.com but no reply.
                    I would like to know the procedure for the claim.
                    V. Muthuswamy

Pls note i capt subramaniam hari pass port no h7505775flew by fly ul 303 on 2nd june from singapore to colombo n onward from colombo to trivandrum on 03 rd june by flt ul 161. I had checked in two baggage from singapore but on arrival trv found only one baggage n other one missing. I had filed a complaint on arrival trv. The ref no is trvul23429. Pls arrange for my baggage weight about 24 kg polo box to be sent back to me in trv. Pls send...

My flight was cancelled and srilankan airlines promised me a refund. It's been over 5 weeks now. My sister has already been refunded.
                      Flight details ul0504
                      Depart heathrow 25/04/19. E ticket number[protected]. Airline ref: nwjwa6.
                      Depart columbo 04/05/19
                      I am totally fed up and stressed the travel agency said there is nothing they can do. They are just as fed up chasing you for my refund. Travel agent - sta travel.
                      Please do something asap. I need my money i am not rich.
                      [protected]@hotmail.com
                      Many thanks
                      Jun 01, 2019
                      Updated by mwnek
                      This is not a good advertisement for SriLankan airlines. I had planned to travel to Sri Lanka when things have settled down. It is making me think twice.
                      Please refund as a matter o[censored]rgency.
                      Maralyn Wnek

I will cancel the ticket on 10may 2019 and send it mail for refund request also but till now not received the refund amount very worst process for srilankan airline refund process immediately process on my refund request. Bellow mentioned on my booking ref no: j6qflx
                        Second ticket: j5ihcw
                        Third ticket: j6eyix
                        My mail i'd: [protected]@gmail.com
                        Contact no:[protected]...

Here by i file a complaint about that i missed my hand lagguage during my travel on last sunday dated 26/05/2019 en route to kuwait - colombo - trichy. Suddenly i informed to the airport officials about that and they replied that they will get lagguage within two days. After that they told me via mobile that i need to pay rs. 16, 250 for the excess luggage. But i don't want to pay that much amount. There is no worth in that lagguage for the sum of rs. 16, 250. But however i need my lagguage. So kindly help me regards this complaint. Thank you.

I had booked a return ticket from mumbai to melbourne for leaving on 25th may'19 and return on 6th june'19 on srilankan airlines thru coral holidays (Navi mumbai). My wife and self were traveling to attend the convocation of my son's masters degree in melbourne.

The amount was fully paid thru the agent and my ticket was confirmed. The website of the airlines showed the ticket was confirmed.

On the day of the travel when i contacted the airline for confirmation they informed me that the agent had canceled the ticket. Even though the online website of the airlines showed "confirmed".

The airline informed me that the ticket was canceled on the 8th may'19, however there was no information to me regarding the cancellation nor was any consent taken for the cancellation. The website showed "confirmed" even then!!. I asked the airline why was it showing confirmed, they were not able to give any answer regarding the same but said that it was canceled.

I tried to contact the travel agent thru whom the ticket was booked, but his phone was not reachable, and his office was locked.

I was all packed up and ready to leave that day, i also had stay bookings done and taken travel insurance for that period.

If the airlines had informed me regarding the cancellation it would have saved me and my wife a lot of agony, loss of money and embarrassment.

1. Is the airline not liable to inform the passenger for any cancellation or booking done in his/her name? I am sure the kyc details are available with the airlines while booking the tickets.

2. Are they not liable for misinforming thru their website that the ticket was 'confirmed" even when it was canceled? Had i known that the ticket was canceled on the 8th i could have made alternate arrangements to travel and avoided huge monetary losses.

3. Since the airlines appoint agents for booking tickets, is it not the responsibility of the airlines to ensure a transparent dealing with the passengers, especially when they can be put to a lot of inconvenience and monetary loss during cancellations of confirmed tickets?

I will appreciate your assistance in taking this up with the airlines and helping me out.

Dear sir/madam

I had booked for a family holiday trip in srilanka through your airlines from 18th may until 23rd may.
                            However due to the ongoing terrorist tracks in srilanka, followed by the government warning that there might be bombers still out there in the city, i would like to cancel my tickets both from mu mbai to colombo and colombo to chennai.
                            Request that the cancellation charges be waived since this is due to the safety and security concerns raised and as per indian government's advice to avoid non essential travel to srilanka.

The tickets have been attached for your reference. Kindly cancel my tickets with waiver in cancellation charges.
                            I have written twice on your official mail id and yet to get any response.

I am an indian and booked srilanakn airline from oman to colombo.
                              I have submited online refund request and cancel my booking before more than 35 days please find below refecne number ul/rr/67474,
                              After 7 days today i didnt recevied any update and resubmited refund request which generated different refrecne number ul/rr/70277.

I have complaint online through email to
                              [protected]@srilanaknairline.combr...