Star Health And Allied Insurance — unethical way of adding pre existing to policy even though it's not preexisting

Pune, Maharashtra, India
 abhishekjp on Sep 17, 2019

I the proposer of policy state that i had purchased senior citizen red carpet plan for my parents in 2014. At that time the only pre existing declared was hypertension and complications.in the year 2015 my father developed knee pain and within 6 months got knee replacement done upon doctor's recommendation. We did not utilize insurance and paid from pocket. Fast forward to year 2019, now the same knee developed infection, and required surgery and as operated in may 2019 and aug 2019.in may upon renewal, star health says that the issue related to knee was not declared in 2014 and this is pre existing and forcibly amended our policy upon renewal. This is unfair practice. How can we declare in 2014 for something that was due to happen in 2015?

[Sep 17, 2019] Star Health And Allied Insurance customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by abhishekjp Sep 17, 2019
Policy was amended by adding endorsement for facts which are false. No pre existing disease related to knee was present at the time of policy inception. Even if it was, how will we know? Are doctors? how did the agent issue the policy? no due diligence was done? how can buyer be blamed if it was missed from your end?
Updated by abhishekjp Sep 17, 2019
I will be taking star health and all people involved in this malpractice to court

1-800-1024477
    1-800-4252255
    No.1, New Tank Street, Valluvar Kottam High Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600034
    Star Health And Allied Insurance - unethical way of adding pre existing to policy even though it's not preexisting