State Bank Of India [Sbi] — aadhar linking with bank account

Rashma Raveendran on Nov 18, 2017
I have an sb account with state bank of india, kalyan east branch.

On repeatedly getting messages from state bank of india for linking my aadhar with the bank account, i submitted copy of my aadhar along with their kyc form and fulfilled other requirements as stated by them.

I took a day off from office and completed this work. It took around 2 hours for me in the bank (Including the waiting time in queue) to get the work done.

After submitting the details, they told me to withdraw a nominal amount from the atm outside the bank. On successful withdrawal, they said your aadhar has been linked.

When i was standing in the queue, i met a friend who said she had submitted the aadhar details once but she got a message from the bank stating her account has to be linked with aadhar soon. She had come there for the second time for submitting the same details.

And now, after 2 months of submission i get a message from sbi to link my aadhar with my account and if not done, my account will be freezed.

To enquire about the details of the message, i dialled the bank's number. Nobody ever picks up the phone there. We have to find time ourselves and go personally to the bank always even if its a small enquiry.

The employees sitting there are irresponsible and not at all customer-friendly. Now i am forced to take a day off again from office and go to the bank for something which i have already completed.

The government has to put an option for online linking of aadhar with bank accounts. This offline mode creating problems for customers; especially account holders of the state bank of india.

Rashma

[Nov 18, 2017] State Bank of India [SBI] customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0Share0