Sun Direct - Technician Fraud — sun direct stb swapping fraud

Chengannur, Kerala, India
 ANiLKeraLa on Sep 23, 2019
When it's found out the stb fault, the technician give us two options. Either use 350rs service box to continue existing connection or take a new box and new activation for 900rs plus. The hidden fact is that new box is available for 499+150rs service cost. Since we don't want new connection every time stb damaged, we chose 350rs service box + 200rs for adaptor as our old one is directly connected to plug. Total 550rs for it when only 650rs for new box. The technicians try to make people buy new connection, just stb & new activation something, with full other existing stuffs for 900rs plus. Looks like the technicians have different business plans when company says to swap with new for 650rs.
Updated by ANiLKeraLa, Sep 23, 2019
And we didn't know that new box is available for 650rs, this second hand service box with 3 month warranty installed and within in hours starting showing low signal problems. And we had to go through all problems due to complaints. If the technician told me new stb swap available for 650rs, we would choose that one adding just 100rs extra. So next day, technician again came and replaced another service box. Hope no problem arise. By this time, sun direct called me to enquire if problems solved. I told them that yesterday service box installed and it also have signal problems. And asked about new box. That is when they said only 650 for new stb swap box. Then why the technician made us pay around the same amount for old stb. He could tell us new box plus service cost available for 499+150=650rs. But he had other businesses plans which is against what company says. I asked him to install new swap box and return this faulty service box which total costed me 550rs. I keep in mind that I came to know about 650rs for new one. He wanted to sell it for 900rs plus. But when I return this just hrs old faulty stb and adapter stuffs which I paid 550rs, he says only 200rs for the adaptor can be returned and rest is to be paid to the company. And I have to pay him 700 more. So 550 + 700 = 1250rs. New dish and stb connections available from that price range is another story. So when I return 550rs faulty stuff to him, I get only 200rs. With his logic, whenever your stb is damaged, you take a new connection every year if stb damaged every year. Anyway I revealed the company says only 650rs. His new claim is that stb stock not available. Only activation box available. Not sure if any difference between new swap box and activation box. Then he changed faulty service box with another one. Due to all arguments and stuffs, I felt sympathy & gave him 100rs for coming. Now total 650 costed me for this service box swapping when company says only 650rs for new box swapping.

Sun Direct - Technician Fraud - sun direct stb swapping fraud