[Resolved] Swiggy — food delivered late in filthy contaminated plastic polythene bag

Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 bhavikshah299 on Apr 17, 2018
On sunday 15 april, 1:04am, we had placed an order via swiggy from the restaurant (Monopoly) worth rs.565 (Order no.[protected]). The estimated time shown was 33 minutes.

The problems we faced are:
1. Late delivery despite of charging rs.25 (Food got delivered at 2:15am instead of 1:37am)
2. Food was packed in filthy and contaminated polythene plastic bag
3. Food got soiled and soggy which we had to threw
4. Not giving refund despite of giving enough proof

It was 15 minutes past but no delivery boy was assigned by swiggy. On calling monopoly (+91-[protected]) directly @ 1:21am, the restaurant informed the order is ready but no delivery boy is assigned. The restaurant requested us to pick up the food if possible as it will get soiled and soggy. As order placed via swiggy, we informed the restaurant that we will connect with swiggy and ask them to assign delivery boy and get the food delivered.
Order was finally received at 2:15am (38 minutes delayed) and in a polythene bag. Swiggy delivery executive ([protected]) informed that he had no other bag so he got the food in this plastic bag.
On opening the food, 2 things we found:
1. Food is completely soiled and soggy. It had become cold and juice became hot as both things were packed in one bag.
2. Plastic bag in which food was delivered in filthy and contaminated from inside.
I immediately, raised this issue at 2:17am with swiggy chat support to which they just apologized and gave me a coupon worth rs.75 against my spends of rs.565. I refused to accept as food was not in consumable form and asked them to collect it back. But they denied and not even ready to refund the money.
I request you to intervene and request you to penalize them heavily for such;
1. False commitments of 33 minutes (Over promise, under delivery)
2. Using filthy contaminated bag
3. Mental harassment as no one is ready to listen to us
Attached all the proof for your reference. Seeking your help to get my refund back.

Complaint marked as Resolved Jul 5, 2018
Refund was received from Swiggy.

Comments

Horribleservice sometimes order missing sometimes 2 hours late sometimes agents don't answer horrible service cheating and playing with people and their food
I have order my food from Swiggy and after 2 hour I received a call from their customer care that they can't deliver the food and will cancel that.And will refund the money, it has been more than 1 month and each and every time i contact them they have a simple one word answer for you "Sorry" and customer care are also not reply to the concern.

Tower D, 9th Floor, IBC Knowledge Park, Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India - 560029
    Swiggy - food delivered late in filthy contaminated plastic polythene bag