Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [Tneb] — inhumane behavior by the meter reader

pillayar77 on Jan 3, 2018
On january 3rd around 1:20 pm a female meter reader visited the home where my parents both above 70 years, and with physical challenges reside. The street she was at was avvaiyar st, gandhi nagar, oragadam, chennai 600053

She spent exactly two minutes at the house.in that time, she wouldn't wait for my aged father who is bent over from back pain to get back into the house and fetch her the eb card. She waltzed off to the house across the street leaving my father anxious that now either him or my mother has to drop everything they were doing and run after her who is about 1/3 rd their age to help her finish her job. She didn't indicate if she will be back or not, or what her intent was when she left without filling out that damn card.

I'm visiting from out of state, and it took me a minute to realize what all the commotion was about. My mother is beside herself because she couldn't see where the meter reader went. My dad is getting anxious because he thinks that it was our fault that we didn't act fast enough to her pace - 2 minutes! She gave my aging parents 2 minutes to get their act together.

I ask you, are meter readers required to spend less than 3 minutes at each residence? She was there for not even that time. Do your employees get trained to communicate with customers? Do they know that the elderly if not treated with respect then they should be at least be treated with humanity?

I'm livid, is an understatement.

[Jan 03, 2018] Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB] customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

Sir our Eb consumer number[protected] reading was taken 20 days before uploading has still not taken place, this is the third time happening if we call they ask us to come in person and pay, PM is asking us to pay everything online and our AE and EB office is asking us to come and pay at the office, kindly escalate

NPKRR Maaligai, 800 Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600002