Tata AIG Insurance — regarding the rejection of the insurance claim for my audi mh12 gd 1234

Pune, Pune District, Maharashtra, India
 arushabora on Dec 30, 2018
I had renewed insurance policy for my audi mh12 gd 1234 with all covers from tata aig by paying a huge premium of 79704/ for the sum assured of 1850000/. Since so many years i have obtained the car insurance policy from tata aig relying on the reputation and good will of it. I was told by the agent that the policy covers everything inclusive of engine protection, etc. Why will i buy such a huge premium policy? I was misguided by the agent as the details of the policy conditions were not given to me. The irda has the mandate that the insurance companies or their agents clearly and explicitly explain to the policy holder at the time of selling the policy, all the terms and conditions including the exclusion clauses. The agent has violated this regulation.
Its very astonishing and disgusting that they have rejected my claim.
My car was affected due to floods on 29 th aug 2017. Prior to the floods my car was in a good condition and running smoothly. After primary survey the surveyor had told the workshop to start with the work. Later on the workshop diagnosed that the starter and the fuse box both were affected due to floods. According to the surveyor the fuse box was not affected due to floods but it was damaged due to water seepage. Had it been due to water seepage my vehicle could have faced problems before only. You can check the records of pune audi workshop as my car was serviced only there. I have not done any alterations in the car also. The cause of the damage being accidental i. E due to flood water only the claim was admissible. I understand only one thing that the water in the fuse box was only due to flood water. Initially i dint have any problem with the fuse box.
Secondly i have undergone lot of harassment due to the claim rejection, delay in reply for more than 2 months and unavailibility of the car for 4 months.
Hence i request you to handle this matter amicably and do the reimbursement of rs 3, 77, 756/ at your earliest. Either the tata aig or the agent has to take the responsibility and get the needful done. I once again request you to close this matter in a positive way. Kindly acknowledge this complaint and do the needful asap.

[Dec 30, 2018] Tata AIG Insurance customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

This happen with most of People due to wrong policy, you can know more here 10 Best Life Insurance Policies in India https://finserving.com/insurance/10-best-life-insurance-policies-in-india

Peninsula Business Park, Tower A, 15th Floor, G.K. Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400013
    Tata AIG Insurance - regarding the rejection of the insurance claim for my audi mh12 gd 1234