[Resolved] Tata Sky — tatasky set top box activated without customer's authorization

Virar, India
 Dnyavi on Apr 6, 2020
This is in regards of my tata sky subcriber id : [protected] (Registered mob no : +91 [protected]). I'm not at all happy with the kind of service that i have received from tatasky in the last few weeks.
To start with : i have contacted the customer care of tatasky on the 9th of mar as my set top boxes were not working.
I have 2 set top box at my residence under my account. A technician name mr. Dubey visited my residence and stated that both my set top box are old, faulty & out of warranty. The only option was to replace the old set top box with the new one, for which i agreed and also paid rs 2400/- for the new set top box.
However, since then there are four set top boxes under my name, out of which 1 was deactivated & 3 were active. I had never ever requested to add any more set top box as i only have 2 television at my residence. Moreover, when i realized this i raised the complaint with tatasky customer care on 2nd april. They assured me that they will deactivate the third set top box as it was not requested by me.
However, on the 4th of apr someone has again activated the third set top box. I contacted the customer care again, they made a conference call with the technician (Mr dubey) who agreed that i have not contacted him to activate the third set top box & it was some third party who did this.
This is databreach & fraudulent activity under my name as my details are being used to activate services without my consent.
I demand an investigation & compensation for the hassle & inconvenience that i gone through during this tenor.
I believe in tata as a brand and i wish that a prompt action is taken against my complaint.
I would also like to appreciate customer care executive ms shweta who went an additional mile and made a conference call.
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-05-08 11:28:14

[Apr 07, 2020] Tata Sky customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Tata Sky Customer Care's response Apr 07, 2020
Hi! That's not how it should have been. Kindly share with us your RMN/Subscriber ID to assist you further.

Comments

Wrong Tata sky card for this setup box
Susil Sharma's reply, Mar 29, 2020
Wrong card foelr this setup box
Tata Sky Customer Care's response, Apr 8, 2020

Hi, we understand your concern. Please share your RMN/ Subs ID for further assistance.

Tata Sky - tatasky set top box activated without customer's authorization