Trai — trai mandate cable tv charges
I have perused and used your newly published methodology of cable tv subscription charges and i find them highly discriminatory.
I have a present service from the cable service provider (Pune) for a total of rs. 510, taxes included. To chose these channels using your fta, bouquet and a-la-carte methodology, i will be forced to shell out rs. 791. Breaking down the charges, the main issues i find are
1) forced subscription to channels in the bouquet, which i will never view
2) excessive ncf which is a service operators' prerogative
3) forced charges of twice the ncf for hd over sd. So a preference of hd offerings, which have already been so recorded, is being discouraged, rendering better viewership and optimal utilisation of better equipment. This is most retrograde.
4) forced effective charges for carriage of 28 dd channels, whose viewership will be limited to one or two due to content or language.
5) unfair charges of gst on fta and ncf, which are only operator local convenience.
All in all, the whole system is poorly thought out and unnecessarily expensive to the consumer. I request an immediate halt to this forced imposition of the new system till all the issues as pointed out by me and other consumers are rectified.
[Jan 28, 2019] TRAI customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
|Add a Comment||ShareTweet|
[Resolved] Trai - Complaint in tower instal service 1
[Resolved] Trai - mnp jio to vodafone
[Resolved] Trai - regarding the worst service of videocon d2h 1
[Resolved] Trai - bill payment issues
[Resolved] Trai - my mobile number is no record found
[Resolved] Trai - videocon d2h service issue not resolved 1