[Resolved] Uber India — cancellation charge for driver cancelled trips

shibuva on Nov 30, 2017
I have lot of bad experience from uber, drivers not turning up and last minute cancel the trip and put us in trouble and mental strain.
Even driver cancelled trip by not turning up will be charged to me as cancellation fee. Three times it happen to me. Nov 13th early morning pre booked trip driver not turned up and cancelled the trip. Uber charged me rs. 43. I was in heavy stress that i may miss my train and luckly i got another uber.
On 29th evening in chennai 2 times driver cancelled the trip with out turning up. Both time uber charged me rs. 30 each. All these cancellation put me in so much trouble by way of losing time, missing the train or flight, mental stress etc. Above all these they are penalised me by taking money from pre loaded wallets. After several complaints no from uber.
Same time any of these issues ola will respond and resolve it imdtly.
Complaint marked as Resolved Dec 15, 2017
As per my complaint uber have to refund cancellation charges of Rs. 30 twice & Rs. 43 charged. Total Rs. 103, instead of that uber confirmed that only Rs 30 refunded. Balance amount is still with them.
Today 15th December, I booked uber from Bangalore East Railway station to my house. I got a confirmation that William in Mahindra kuv 100 will reach in 6 minutes. I waited for more than 20 minutes and tried to reach driver several time and he was not responding. As per uber app map he was driving to opposite directions stopped the vehicle so far from pick up location, then no movement. I'm forced to cancel as tough for me to wait more than that. Uber charged me Rs. 43 as cancellation charge which is due to driver unprofessional approach.

[Nov 30, 2017] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

I took a uber from udham singh nagar, ludhiana to clock tower, ludhiana. I expected to pay between rs 70-80. But i was billed rs 155/-. I paid in cash but this is highly over charged. I want the details and explanation.
Atin kumar gupta
advocate.
I lost a phone in Uber while I was travelling from Infosys Mysore campus to paithrikam hotel.The driver was Chetan Kumar and phone was black colored motog4 plus.The imei no: of phone is [protected]

Uber India - cancellation charge for driver cancelled trips