Uber India — cash payment taken in non cash payment method

Loveshi on Feb 12, 2018
Hi team,

this is disgusting how driver make fool of their customers. On Saturday I travelled from Delhi Airport to Shahdara in the night around 12 . My friend booked Uber for me and selected paytm option. When driver dropped me to the my destination, he said that his paytm is not showing amount paid and he would want cash of 700 rs. After lot of arguments with him, I had to pay cash to him as his Paytm wasn't working. Later there was same amount deduction from my friend paytm. When I am calling the driver and asking for refund. He has scolded me and saying very bad words, He said "Jo karna h karo I will not pay you money back". I raised complaint to Uber and they are just saying to me that we will not refund as you have paid cash and also not taking any action against driver. Please stop using UBER. If you will not respond. I will post this in social media and raise case in consumer forum for sure.

[Feb 13, 2018] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

I too faced the same problem recently. I booked cab for my parents for airport. The driver called me asking to pay him by cash as he has to use the money to fill fuel for his car. He also mentioned that PAYTM processing he will cancel from his side. Because of time constraint we did not cancel the booking. He took cash from my father. And PAYTM also got deducted after the trip was over. I wrote numerous feedback to UBER but they did not help:( I called the driver and he kept telling that PAYTM will reverse your amount.

The driver also cheated by giving some random mobile number and name at the apartment security gate.

Driver Name - Ramesh
Amount - 1077.5

Uber India - cash payment taken in non cash payment method