[Resolved] Uber India — driver start trip without me and uber charged full fare for the trip

Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar District, Uttar Pradesh, India
 kkushal.gupta on Jan 10, 2019
I booked a share ride on 9th jan 11.18 am in noida from sector 36 to my office hcl in sector 126, i got cab with eta of 8 mins so i didn't called driver instantly. After few moments when i tried to contact the driver, i saw in uber app that my trip is started and it's showing you are on the way but i was still at home wondering how this happened. Moreover, there was no option to cancel the ride or contact driver at that moment. The driver too didn't contacted me and ended the trip at my requested destination at uber deducted full fare from my paytm account.

When i contacted the support they said they can't do anything because as per them trip started and ended at requested pickup and destination points. On writing few email to uber support i got a call yesterday then i explained them that the pickup point shown in trip receipt generated by uber is 2-3 km far from my home address and the representative assured me that they are sending the case for further investigation.

Today morning, i got a call from uber saying that the investigation team confirmed that the pickup and drop location are correct so they can't do anything about it.

This is highly unprofessional and poor support response from uber. They are charging customer incorrectly and taking no actions to correct the service and incorrect behavior of their cab drivers. I am attaching the trip receipt, my home address in uber and distance between the pickup point and my address as proof for my complaint and also uber support email showing the cheap support response for their customers.

Complaint marked as Resolved Jan 10, 2019
provided refund for the fare charged when I posted this issue on their Facebook page

[Jan 10, 2019] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

RJ TE 1027 (white waganar with yellow plate)this car driver was drunk and hit my bike from back .and when i approched him even saying anything sorry he start using abusing language and even tried to threatened me.he even refused me to give his name .so i can complain his about in police station.

Uber India - driver start trip without me and uber charged full fare for the trip