Uber India — physical assault and inappropriate behaviour

Yesterday at 7:14 pm i boarded a uber cab (White maruti suzuki alto) from keyatala road garden cafe to 41, pally durga puja club, near karunamoyee kalibari. But when we were heading from mahanayak uttam kumar metro station suddenly the driver took a uncertain turn from the main road. I at that very moment objected towards the turn into the dark and narrow roads, he started arguing with me and threatened to leave me that area. I asked him to stop the car as it was deviating from the gps route. I got down from the car and i declined to pay him. He started to chase me and tried to snatch my purse. He even tried to hold me by my hand and shoulder. I in turn pushed him back. I was having my kid and my other luggages with me. 2 bikers came and inquired about what was happening and and then he went off saying i am not paying him. But why would i pay? Because he has left in middle of the road. I decided to complain about the incident.
Driver name: altaf
Car no.:sorry don’t remember particular
Car type white alto
Boarding time :7:14pm

physical assault and inappropriate behaviour

[Jun 02, 2019] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.