[Resolved] Uber India — uber toll charges issue and uber customer care
SuSuyash5 on Feb 15, 2018
A summary of my issue:
1) rider requests a ride selecting non-cash payment mode.
2) the ride starts smoothly
3) the car reaches a toll gate and driver demands payment from the rider in cash for the toll charges.
4) rider refuses since it's a non cash payment and he knows that riders are supposed to pay toll charges separately.
5) driver persists explaining that he has no cash. Either pay or we will be stuck.
6) rider is unable to argue because the driver seems to only understand/speak his local dialect and few english words.
7) rider pays because he wants reach the destination quickly and is not in a state to argue.
8) rider tries to change payment mode to 'cash' but the app does not allow it.
9) rider immediately reports the issue to uber while the ride is still in progress, but receives no response until the next day.
10) uber responds saying that they cannot address the issue since the payment is made in cash for a non-cash payment mode. However, this has happened to me earlier where the payment mode was cash and they still did not help me.
11) the conversation with the uber customer care has been frustrating and now they have started marking my complaints/issues as resolved even without giving a reply.
This is the reason i am forced to report the issue here.
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 15, 2018
On contacting the company (Uber) via their Facebook page, they have agreed to add credits to my account in compensation of the toll charges that were asked by the driver. The issue is resolved now.
[Feb 15, 2018] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
|Add a Comment||Share0Tweet0Share0|